Bellazon

Chanel Iman
Thumbnail

dcrim

She's not a good model and she's not pretty and hasn't got a good body. In fact her face is horrible to look at. Not to stereo type but she looks to me like those girls you see on the street that are rude obnoxious and obsessed with like Chris Brown. She doesn't belong in high fashion at all.

She's on the US Vogue Cover featuring the next supermodels.

she is there just because she is black, you know they needed a balance

in any other way she wouldn't be

totally butterface

I agree, she was put on the cover because they needed somebody coloured, shes agreat model, but shes knowher near the league of Lily D, Stam, Sasha and Raquel.

totally butterface

I agree, she was put on the cover because they needed somebody coloured, shes agreat model, but shes knowher near the league of Lily D, Stam, Sasha and Raquel.

I disagree. She has the potential to be a "supermodel" one day. She is much younger than the other models on the cover. She will look even better when she gets into her 20's. Plus, she is an American model. This makes her a good choice for U.S. Vogue.

It's a shame every single time a black model gets work, it's because "she's black." Maybe Anna Wintour likes her. Maybe the photographer is a fan. There are many other reasons she may have got that cover.

What about Liya Kebede in 2004? She definitely deserved the "supermodel" cover of that time. Was it because she was a good model, or the stereotypical "she's black" nonsense?

I don't know what country the previous commenter is from, but we don't use the term "coloured" anymore. That is a racist statement to make about a black person. Besides, I think Chanel is of a mixed racial heritage anyway. Therefore, using the "she's black" statement doesn't even make sense.

What are you going to say next? She only got the cover because she "looks black?" We seriously need to progress as a society if people are still making such ignorant statements.

totally butterface

I disagree. She has the potential to be a "supermodel" one day. She is much younger than the other models on the cover. She will look even better when she gets into her 20's. Plus, she is an American model. This makes her a good choice for U.S. Vogue.

It's a shame every single time a black model gets work, it's because "she's black." Maybe Anna Wintour likes her. Maybe the photographer is a fan. There are many other reasons she may have got that cover.

What about Liya Kebede in 2004? She definitely deserved the "supermodel" cover of that time. Was it because she was a good model, or the stereotypical "she's black" nonsense?

I don't know what country the previous commenter is from, but we don't use the term "coloured" anymore. That is a racist statement to make about a black person. Besides, I think Chanel is of a mixed racial heritage anyway. Therefore, using the "she's black" statement doesn't even make sense.

What are you going to say next? She only got the cover because she "looks black?" We seriously need to progress as a society if people are still making such ignorant statements.

Yes she has the potential to be a supermodel, but shes just a model right now!!

And stop trying to make me out as a racist, i'm coloured!!!, and i aploigise i didnt know saying somebody is coloured is racist i tend to use the phrase black people but i thought that Americans find that word racist, ive sed the word infront of my black friends 100times, they all use it.

And i like this model, all i said was she wasn't in the same league as some of the other models, and they've only put her on the cover because she is black, i was gonna say its becaus she is American, but there was Hilary Rhoda.

Liya Kebede deserved that cover becasue she was well established, you can not compare Chanel to LIya Kebede!!!!!!

And i've never said Nomi gets a cover cos she black.

I live near North London, i went to a very multicultrial school, i know peopel of all races, and i respect people of all races. Seriousley i think ur trying to make a really big deal about one post. And u have absoloute no right to determan somebody is ignorent from one post, thats just stupid and ignorent on ur part.

totally butterface

Yes she has the potential to be a supermodel, but shes just a model right now!!

And stop trying to make me out as a racist, i'm coloured!!!, and i aploigise i didnt know saying somebody is coloured is racist i tend to use the phrase black people but i thought that Americans find that word racist, ive sed the word infront of my black friends 100times, they all use it.

And i like this model, all i said was she wasn't in the same league as some of the other models, and they've only put her on the cover because she is black, i was gonna say its becaus she is American, but there was Hilary Rhoda.

Liya Kebede deserved that cover becasue she was well established, you can not compare Chanel to LIya Kebede!!!!!!

And i've never said Nomi gets a cover cos she black.

I live near North London, i went to a very multicultrial school, i know peopel of all races, and i respect people of all races. Seriousley i think ur trying to make a really big deal about one post. And u have absoloute no right to determan somebody is ignorent from one post, thats just stupid and ignorent on ur part.

Rasism?! *drama queen* :rofl: :rofl:

oh please, neither me nor diorlover didn't say anything rasistic, it has no sense

i can't stand when some people tries to make everything look like "rasistic" when it really isn't

u know it's annoying

her face is aaaamazing. Those other girls on the cover are not supermodels ...they've had more work then chanel but Chanel has more lasting potential she is young ...and she is so skinny because she is onl like 18 or whatever she is going to be thick like naomi in 10 years. She is awesome. The rest of those girls are fads....lily, raquel, sasha, coco, hilary non of those girls will be around in two three years unlike chanel....CHanel looks gorgeous on the cover and she steals the fold out page.

If you look back at that other vogue cover it was mix of experienced models and supertars....but look at them now. At the time hana, nat and gemma didnt have the experience gisele and isabeli did but look where they are now. Just because you arent as experienced doesnt mean you wont develop to superstardom...adn the title of the issue is the NEXT Top models....so who you should look out for thats comming up. Except most the girls are just fads. They will not be superstars because they are not versatile or orginal enough. Chanel is young she is going to change and grow and become way bigger then them.

And liya kebede is just nasty....you can count every bone in her body.

totally butterface

She's not a good model and she's not pretty and hasn't got a good body. In fact her face is horrible to look at. Not to stereo type but she looks to me like those girls you see on the street that are rude obnoxious and obsessed with like Chris Brown. She doesn't belong in high fashion at all.

lol, i do agree

she has an okay face, but compared to the likes of sasha P and Vlada and Freja she is no where nere

oh ya, and i saw her by my house one day like 8 months ago, or at least i think it was her ( I hope)

lol about the black model to balance part

I don't get it. Why is it that so many of you feel its okay to come onto Chanel's thread and slam her? If you don't like her fine, go to the correct forum and vent. I find some of the posters here just plain rude. Butterface?! How obnoxious. There are plenty of models that I shake my head at and wonder why but I give them and their fans the respect they are due and do NOT go to their forums. And for all of you who state that the only reason she's on a cover is because she's black, Newsflash, THAT IS RACIST! That statement says that the color of her skin, not talent, ability or beauty, played into getting her on the cover. Its just like saying a woman got a job, oh because she's a woman. She couldn't possibly be talented, could she? So to the Nemesides on the thread and those who feel as he or she does, why don't you take you venom elsewhere.

It's not "venemous" at all to say she doesn't deserve the cover. And she pretty much WAS only put on there because she is black. Look at the quality of the other models - girls like Raquel, Jessica, Caroline - girls who have changed fashion and been around for years. They are the next supermodels because they are accomplished, serious models. Chanel is NO WHERE near as accomplished as the other girls are. And even if she is *one day*, it doesn't matter RIGHT NOW. Right now, she is only on the cover so that Vogue can stay politcally correct or whatever.