Bellazon

Star Wars

worshipper pa

music - if i want good music then i'll buy a CD. overplaying of the original music has made the music cliched and has resulted in it being major suckage.

concept art - who gives a toss? :blink: i want to watch a film not look at concept art. if i want art then i'll but a comic book or got to an art gallery.

attention to details - so many inconsistencies both in terms of plot and filming. for a list from just the last film check 'dis: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121766/goofs

originality - sci-fi eh? what do we have here? Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, etc. many of this genre. anyone can make up crazy little space stories.

lack of compromises - Lucas sold out a long time ago. look at the official Star Wars books. what a joke!!! they killed of Chewbacca, wtf???!!!! also look at all the merchandise.

special effects - if that is one of the reason's why you watch a film then i pity you. i'd rather watch a film which has rubbish props and a low budget but has a semi-decent storyline than the latest Star Wars film which effectively was graphics with no storyline.

story - as Neo said "can be deciphered by a 5 year old". it is a totally clich

My Lindt claims were not backed up (but now they are since I have tasted it).

My Star Wars claims on the other hand are very well backed up. I have seen those movies many many times, I know them well. I have followed the creation process of episodes I-III for the last 10 years! I was a Hyperspace member and I have read the book "Skywalking" in order to understand the genius of George Lucas and his art.

Merits: Star Wars is perhaps the greatest icon of pop culture. The entertaining, artistical and technological merits are phenomenal. Star Wars is everywhere. Where are the thread for those "superior movies" you talk about? Don't they have merits?

Merits: Star Wars is perhaps the greatest icon of pop culture. The entertaining, artistical and technological merits are phenomenal. Star Wars is everywhere. Where are the thread for those "superior movies" you talk about? Don't they have merits?

"contemporary lifestyle and items that are well known and generally accepted, cultural patterns that are widespread within a population"

star wars is NOT an icon of pop culture. it is in a downward spiral. everyone i know detests star wars now. the last films have ruined it and have tarnished even the old films.

i recognise that you're entitled to your own opinion but once more you are making fanciful assertions without any sort of evidence . . .

i don't waste my time making threads about my favourite films. if people ask me then i'll throw in my two cents worth but i can't be bothered to make a thread about all of my fav films . . . plus some of my fav films are older and making threads now would be relatively pointless since they have been extensively discussed in the past . . . i also prob have too many favourite films to make a thread for each . . .

even Under Siege 2 has more of a plot that Star Wars and that's saying something . . . <_<

• 1 year later...

I had a "thon" the other week and something hit me. How did the republic kill almost all the Jedi and take control of everything but they couldn't stop a small group of Rebels. :blink:

Yoda+Mace+Obi-Wan+Padme+100 Jedi = Lost to the Empire

Luke+A Jackass+Leia+Some rebels+Fury creatures with no real battle experience = Empire defeat

The only Star Wars picture I still watch is The Phantom Menace, though hell if I know why. Its so bad, its not close to being good, but its fascinating in its terribleness. Jake Lloyd, Jar Jar, nearly every line of dialogue... and then there's Terrence Stamp just standing around looking confused. Darth Maul was cool, though.

• 1 year later...

Anybody seen the 1080p/Blu-ray version of ROTJ?

I had one of those WTF moments at the end when they show Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin as force entities.

The fireworks were cool though. It really ended the story well giving you a sense of where it all started.

• 3 years later...

Is anybody familiar with the Star Wars story? I recently came across this news, and it's also news to me that there was, in fact, another trilogy written by Lucas that takes place after 'Jedi'. This trilogy takes place after the original star wars.

For what I've read, Lucas intended a 3rd trilogy, after the original. But he never wrote it in the end.

Finally he decided that the Star Wars story was the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker, and thus it should end once he dies in The Return of the Jedi.

Now, this is what I remember. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• 1 month later...

I believe George Lucas's official biographer was given access to a whole bunch of additional stories years ago, supposedly with enough material for as many as six more movies included. But it seems unlikely that he'll be closely involved in making this new one, he’s supposedly sworn off ‘Star Wars’ forever.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...