Bellazon

Black Panther (2018)

toodarnhot

T'Challa, prince of Wakanda, must rise to take the mantle of the Black Panther after his father, the king T'Chaka, is treacherously killed.

Release: 16 February, 2018 (USA)

Director: Ryan Coogler

Cast: 

- Chadwick Boseman

- Michael B. Jordan

- Andy Serkis

- Lupita Nyong'o

- Danai Guririra

A little early for this thread, but the recent casting new this week has me crazy excited. :chicken: Lupita and Michael are two of my favourite actors, and I had honestly been thinking the other night how well Michael would do in this movie considering his past work with Ryan. 

Another one to really look forward to. I was excited about Boseman in the title role even before 'Civil War', but the prospect of seeing more of T'Challa's world on the big screen got a whole lot more intriguing afterwards. The supporting cast looks stellar. Jordan is one of the most promising actors of his generation, and Lupita Nyong'o can pretty much do no wrong in my eyes. It's a real shame that the X-Men universe is off-limits, she could have killed it as Storm.

I'm not that familiar with Coogler's work, but for this to be a genuinely Afrocentric story rather than a mix-up of developing world stereotypes, Wakanda will need to be handled with care. Fingers crossed that he's up to the task. :yes:

During Marvel Studios' Hall H presentation in San Diego, Marvel's "Black Panther" Producer Kevin Feige introduced fans to the rest of the film's cast!

In addition to Chadwick Boseman, the Black Panther himself, and director Ryan Coogler, Feige also welcomed to the stage Michael B. Jordan, who will play Erik Killmonger; Lupita Nyong’o, taking the role of Nakia; and Danai Gurira as Okoye.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/26504/sdcc_2016_marvels_black_panther_confirms_additional_cast#ixzz4FI2O0Ce6

I am so hyped for this movie! The addition of Danai and the confirmation of Lupita has me crazy excited. I adore both of these actresses, and it'll be really great to see Michael in the villain role. 

That cast is loaded. :chicken:

It'll be interesting to see how much of a role Bucky plays here. I certainly wouldn't complain if he turned up, but T'Challa was so well received in 'Civil War' that I also don't see cameos being needed for the movie to do well. I'd be perfectly fine with a standalone Wakanda story.

I have a feeling that Bucky might be central to the story. I don't think them keeping him hidden in Wakanda was just a throwaway. My theory is that he's part of the reason that trouble arrives- they're essentially hiding a fugitive still. :idk: I'd be happy either way, since I love Sebastian's portrayal of Bucky, but the cast of the film is definitely solid enough to be amazing on their own. 

• 3 months later...

On 7/27/2016 at 5:57 PM, toodarnhot said:

I have a feeling that Bucky might be central to the story. I don't think them keeping him hidden in Wakanda was just a throwaway. My theory is that he's part of the reason that trouble arrives- they're essentially hiding a fugitive still. :idk: I'd be happy either way, since I love Sebastian's portrayal of Bucky, but the cast of the film is definitely solid enough to be amazing on their own. 

At the very least, I could see the climax of the movie finding T'Challa outnumbered and massively outgunned, and thawing out Bucky for reinforcements.

Speaking of actresses who were practically tailor made for the role of Storm, Angela Bassett has been added to an already stacked cast as Ramonda. :thumbsup:

https://news.marvel.com/movies/55317/angela-bassett-boards-marvels-black-panther/

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Is it just me or are some of the visual effects/CGI in this trailer really crappy? Like, a tiny bit better than what network TV can manage, if that. :oh_no:

Of course, it could just be that this is what they threw together for the trailer and the real effects will be much better.

Yeah, the CGI on that leap above the car towards the end of the trailer looked like something from a Resident Evil movie. Saying that, I would fully expect the subsequent clips to become more and more polished as we edge closer to the release date.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i expect them to release the full trailer after Ragnarok comes out so that it doesnt distract much from the movie. Or maybe they release it earlier because they have to release the full Infinity War trailer too

either way, i'm EXCITED

• 1 month later...