Bellazon

Rest Peacefully Asad Shah. In a world that seems to have a lot of darkness lately, you were an extraordinary bright spot. Thank You for your kindness and love.

d08560474668641.jpg

After wishing Christians a Happy Easter, a beloved Glasgow shopkeeper is allegedly slain by another Muslim.....

Rest of the story here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/29/after-wishing-christians-a-happy-easter-a-beloved-glasgow-shopkeeper-is-allegedly-slain-by-another-muslim/

26 minutes ago, RIP_Cabrini_Green said:

Rest Peacefully Asad Shah. In a world that seems to have a lot of darkness lately, you were an extraordinary bright spot. Thank You for your kindness and love.

After wishing Christians a Happy Easter, a beloved Glasgow shopkeeper is allegedly slain by another Muslim.....

Rest of the story here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/29/after-wishing-christians-a-happy-easter-a-beloved-glasgow-shopkeeper-is-allegedly-slain-by-another-muslim/

Thanks for posting this :flower: It is unfortunate only "bad" Muslims get so much publicity when so many of them are good decent people who are not violent nor are they terrorists :no2:

1 minute ago, PinkCouture said:

Thanks for posting this :flower: It is unfortunate only "bad" Muslims get so much publicity when so many of them are good decent people who are not violent nor are they terrorists :no2:

Yeah I debated for a little bit whether or not to post that story. I was afraid people would take it as either a political or religious post strictly and that's not what I want that post to be. I simply think he is a face and he is a story that people should know about. If the world had more people like him, we'd all be better off. And while this is sad and tragic, his love for other humans is incredibly inspiring and should be spread.

^ +1 :thumbs_up:

When it comes to it we are all human regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, etc. We have all felt similar emotions, although in a different context, and we are all trying to figure out & navigate this thing call "life." As a verse from one of my favorite songs said, "We may wear different clothes. Pray to God in different robes. But we are not alone." Might be cheesy and cliche but true when you think about it :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2016 at 8:32 PM, PinkCouture said:

On 3/30/2016 at 8:37 PM, RIP_Cabrini_Green said:

Yeah I debated for a little bit whether or not to post that story. I was afraid people would take it as either a political or religious post strictly and that's not what I want that post to be. I simply think he is a face and he is a story that people should know about. If the world had more people like him, we'd all be better off. And while this is sad and tragic, his love for other humans is incredibly inspiring and should be spread.

On 3/30/2016 at 8:47 PM, PinkCouture said:

^ +1 :thumbs_up:

When it comes to it we are all human regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, etc. We have all felt similar emotions, although in a different context, and we are all trying to figure out & navigate this thing call "life." As a verse from one of my favorite songs said, "We may wear different clothes. Pray to God in different robes. But we are not alone." Might be cheesy and cliche but true when you think about it :smile:

:thumbs_up:

The US is Islamophobic because the sensationalism of the media. The media has an agenda and doesn't explain to their uniformed audience that the shitty Islamist sect are extremists much like the Westboro Baptist Church. Every religion has their extremists that drag down everyone else with them. 

The media in the US has a problem with really only doing negative stories and not enough positive stories. I stopped watching the news a long time ago because it was depressing.