Bellazon

Cruel Intentions (TV Series)

PinkCouture

"Cruel Intentions" TV Series In The Works — Will Focus On Sebastian’s Son

You guys, ‘Cruel Intentions’ could be coming to your living room. NBC is currently working on making the film that made everyone fall in love with…SMG, Ryan Philippe, Reese and pretty much everyone else in the movie, a TV show.

In a world of revivals and reboots, it doesn’t come as a surprise that NBC is trying again — this time with 1999’s Cruel Intentions. The film’s director and writer Roger Kumble will take a modern spin on the film, which we know is still a hit after 16 years. When it was made into a musical last summer, the original Annette, Katherine and Cecile attended! Selma Blair, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Reese Witherspoon all would definitely approve.

Here’s the news we’ve heard about the revival series, which was broke by our sister site, Variety.

The reboot TV series will be in present day, circling around Annette (Reese) and Sebastian Valmont’s son — obviously you know that Sebastian (played by Ryan Phillippe) died at the end of the movie. His son, Bash Casey will be 16 years old and will find his father’s journal, and discover the crazy family legacy he never knew. After that, he ends up leaving Kansas to head to a prestigious school in San Francisco. There, he “soon finds himself in a world of sex, money, power and corruption he never could have imagined,” according to Variety.

Yup, we’re on board with this. Writers Lindsey Rosin and Jordan Ross will serve as EPs on the show, as they actually met Roger at one of the musical performances in May. They also wrote the musical adaptation of The O.C. this summer.

We have to say, we’d love to see some members of the original cast show up, especially since many of them still stay in touch. Ryan could totally be featured in flashbacks of his son, and Joshua Jackson should totally be his crazy, gay uncle, am I right? Are you guys excited?

hollywoodlife.com

‘Cruel Intentions’: Sarah Michelle Gellar Set To Reprise Iconic Role In NBC Reboot Series

It’s actually happening! Sarah Michelle Gellar just confirmed that she will, in fact, be reprising her ‘Cruel Intentions’ role for the NBC reboot, which was recently picked up to pilot. See her insane announcement here! We’re so dead right now. After weeks of negotiations, Sarah Michelle Gellar has finally agreed to reprise her role from 1999’s Cruel Intentions as the female lead in NBC’s followup series based on the movie.

As of right now, the project has only been ordered to pilot, but if it gets picked up and turned into an actual series, Sarah, who will reprise her role as Kathryn Merteuil, will be a series regular, according to HollywoodLife.com‘s sister site Variety. Sarah actually confirmed the news with a nostalgic Instagram pic. She captioned it with: “#throwbackthursday (a bit early in Los Angeles) this picture was taken on the eve of production on the original #cruelintentions. Its me #rogerkumble(director) and #nealmoritz (exec producer) and the other is a picture of us now on the eve of production on the new#cruelintentions. That’s right “everybody loves me, and I intend to keep it that way”#kathrynmerteuil is back!!! I am happy to say that I will be joining them (and @nbctv ) on the new #Crueltv.”

As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, the reboot series will be set in present day, and center around Annette and the late Sebastian Valmont’s 16-year-old son, Bash Casey. “Upon finding his late father’s journal, Bash learns of the family legacy he didn’t know existed. In search of answers, he trades his small-town Kansas upbringing for a scholarship to the prestigious Brighton Preparatory Academy in San Francisco and soon finds himself in a world of sex, money, power and corruption he never could have imagined,” according to Variety.

hollywoodlife.com