Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2016

Stromboli1

I'm English and even I found that hilarious. It's been a hell of a long time since we were good at football (the only people who'll call this a huge upset are the zealots who still think 1966 was last week), but that was a performance of such staggering cowardice and ineptitude. Simply amazing. Apart from Rashford, who was only on for five minutes, not a single player walks off that pitch with any credit at all.

11 hours ago, HitchcockBlonde said:

One of the coolest things I've ever seen, genuinely:

https://streamable.com/pioh

So happy for them. Sooooo happy ;) 

That's awesome. Hopefully, the latest England debacle doesn't take anything away from Iceland's achievements at this tournament. I for one will be yelling my head off for them when they play France. Apologies in advance, @jj3. :laugh:

36 minutes ago, Michael* said:

That's awesome. Hopefully, the latest England debacle doesn't take anything away from Iceland's achievements at this tournament. I for one will be yelling my head off for them when they play France. Apologies in advance, @jj3. :laugh:

Impossible n'est pas Français, so, we shall see what happen on sunday  I don't want to break up with the general excitment around iceland's team, but i watched the match, and i feel like England lost more than Iceland won it lol

On 6/28/2016 at 1:46 AM, Michael* said:

I'm English and even I found that hilarious. It's been a hell of a long time since we were good at football (the only people who'll call this a huge upset are the zealots who still think 1966 was last week), but that was a performance of such staggering cowardice and ineptitude. Simply amazing. Apart from Rashford, who was only on for five minutes, not a single player walks off that pitch with any credit at all.

I think Kyle Walker had a good game off the ball (apart from being somewhat at fault for one of the goals). He cleaned up a lot of the technical errors through sheer effort. I cannot count the amount of times he had to sprint to save a bad pass from turning into a transition for the Icelandic players.

9 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I think Kyle Walker had a good game off the ball (apart from being somewhat at fault for one of the goals). He cleaned up a lot of the technical errors through sheer effort. I cannot count the amount of times he had to sprint to save a bad pass from turning into a transition for the Icelandic players.

Walker reverted to type for the goal, but there were moments when he gave us some impetus with his runs and crosses. In the three games he played, I would say he was probably one of the better overall performers.

Isn't this what the Confederations Cup is for? :idk: Seems like a money grab to me. They're trying to put a match together for the winners of the Copa & Euro together.

Alejandro Domínguez ‏@agdws 15h15 hours ago

Recibimos respuesta positiva de UEFA sobre el duelo entre campeones de #CopaAmericaCopaAmericaCentenario.png y #Euro2016trophy.png. Estudiaremos fecha viable en conjunto.