Bellazon

Question about possible lost posts

Ramsfan

28 minutes ago, Candylicious. said:

^ +1 on both!

Will all these posts with content will be back?

I assume you are refering to the posts that just say "[attachment]...[]" ?

or can you please link me to what you are refering to.

In the case of the above, yes once the rebuild finishes in a day or two then the post will look normal again. 

There's definitely something wonky going on. I was just in the VS thread and it's only showing me 930 pages, with the last post being November 19th, but then it came up with a "80 new replies" notification at the bottom but when I refreshed the thread/ followed the link it was still at the Nov 19th post. 

image.png

I started the upgrade on Saturday night. So from what I see in the thread it looks like the last post was Friday night. Still doesnt explain some 300 pages (6,000 messages) that are gone. 

The 300 pages missing from Candice's thread are probably linked to the fact that there's 25 posts per thread instead of 20 now. So I don't think there's anything missing, except for what toodarnhot mentioned about getting notifications but not seeing the posts. 

14 minutes ago, Sunshiine said:

The 300 pages missing from Candice's thread are probably linked to the fact that there's 25 posts per thread instead of 20 now. So I don't think there's anything missing, except for what toodarnhot mentioned about getting notifications but not seeing the posts. 

Thanks, I checked and your right, the 20 vs 25/page now. You guys almost gave me a heart attack :D

23 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

There's definitely something wonky going on. I was just in the VS thread and it's only showing me 930 pages, with the last post being November 19th, but then it came up with a "80 new replies" notification at the bottom but when I refreshed the thread/ followed the link it was still at the Nov 19th post. 

image.png

I think this has to do with the rebuilding of the content, I get random alerts that say there are new posts. Once its fully complete then all this randomness should go away. Please bear with us, sorry for the inconvenience. 

I changed the post per page back to 20 to reduce the user confusion. 

1 minute ago, toodarnhot said:

No worries, just making sure you guys are aware of the problem. I don't think it's a random alert though- there are posts I distictly remembering making that aren't showing up- so maybe it's an issue with the displaying of the posts?

So you are saying you made a post pre-upgrade and then it is no longer there post upgrade? 

It looks like the VSFS 2015 thread is also having difficulties

Earlier it looked fine but now several posts (no exact number, sorry) have vanished and there's no ability to post there

To add, all of my posts there after the apparent cut off show up in my feed but not the thread

Am I missing something really obvious? Was it locked for a reason?

Please tell me if I'm being an idiot :flower: (it's going to take awhile to stop doing that)

Gigi Hadid's thread also looked fine earlier but is now missing two posts, I think it was? from today. Well, yesterday. Whenever BZ reopened for business.

I posted a post on Xenia Deli thread and Blanca Padilla one too, and they both lost by now ...

And i noticed when we keep open the threads, some posts re appear, but not mine actually, so idk ...

EDIT Once i posted new posts there, the lost posts re appeared :)

Edited by jj3