Bellazon

Posting Etiquette Ideas

modelknowledge

There needs to be consistency in posting etiquette. There are these unspoken rules among us but not all of us follow them. I been combing through threads and trying to update neglected threads. Whether these threads are in the Models, Actors, or Other Interest, they all have the same things in common. 

I have notice that the threads that do not get neglected are from members who do not do the following things:

1. No Portfolio Loading

This is when you take a lot of various images and upload them into one post. By various images, I mean covers, campaigns, test shots, and catalog work all jumbled up into one post. It's like every picture you can possibly find of that model or actress into one post. This is one of the biggest reasons why threads get neglected because people are too worried about the competitiveness of uploading rather than the quality of the thread. This practice makes it harder to update newer  threads. When people constantly see threads being updated, it reminds people of the model or actor as well as reminding them who he/she is.

2. Post Labeling/ Sourcing

Why is so hard to label or source where the images came from? If it's a Vogue Magazine, label it. If its ASOS catalog, label it. If you know the photographer, makeup artist, or stylist, label it. A lot of times, people will search this forum for an identification. With sourcing, always source the scanner or original uploader. If its a catalog or publication, you don't have to source it if you labelled it. You don't have to source watermarked images also. 

3. Post Formatting

Please use an appropriate size font. Please use black font. Only use bold font for the name of a publication or brand. Italics should be use only for a publication or title of an editorial. Do not use super large images that make it hard to scroll through a thread. You may center your images but do not center catalog images especially if there are a lot of them. I notice threads with posters who don't do this are avoided by other members.

4 Tagging 

Do not tag a models agency or subjective adjectives like sexy or pretty. Models do not stick with the same agency. Also, most models are pretty or sexy. Only use tags that are for permanent characteristics such as Nationality, Eye Color, Height, etc... Sometimes, tags can be helpful finding a topic but only if they are properly executed. I like when people tag the eras the models are active in or the type of artist they are.

5. Mistakes: Typo'd Topics, Duplicate Threads, Misplaced Posts, Etc...

If you see a mistake, please go to the site and forum section and post it in the appropriate category. Don't be lazy. You can PM the Original Poster if they are able to fix their mistake. People will misspell a topic and it goes neglected because the Original Poster didn't realize it and someone posts it in the thread but they don't see it. Just request for a name change, its simple and helps the staff.

6. Models should only be added if you have the following information: 

Full Name, Stats 

Full Name Stats and Agencies

First name Stats and Agencies (this models should also be placed in the model id section thread One Model Names)

A non agency model can be added if and only if there is a full name and tear sheets. This model must have actual work from clients. Do not go to Model Mayhem and add a model with three pictures.

These common sense rules is to prevent duplicate threads as well prevent neglected threads. Please go through your oldest threads an update them. Please go through the oldest pages of these forum and make sure there isn't anything that can be salvaged.

If you guys have any more ideas, please let me know.  .