Bellazon

Steve Jobs (2015)

Cult Icon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Judge with a slight grain of salt, I'd say. From what I've heard, it draws from a very densely researched book on Jobs, but some of his associates have since said that it's not a fair representation of him. I suppose like the Mark Zuckerberg in 'The Social Network', it's a version that's mainly a creation of the writer. :Angel:

As for the movie itself, I personally really enjoyed it, although I think it's the sort of thing that will probably only appeal to a niche audience given the wordy script and unconventional structure. The main stars all deliver in spades. Kate Winslet's Polish accent is a bit wobbly, but I found that forgiveable in the context of a generally high performance.

On 30/12/2015 at 10:52 PM, Cult Icon said:

This movie seems like a series of heated arguments about 'game changing decisions'.  

That's pretty close to the truth, actually. The story is told through three Apple product launches (they throw in the occasional flashback too), and basically amounts to the same mini-movie repeated three times with variations, which structurally is quite unusual. It's an Aaron Sorkin film above all else though, so your enjoyment of it will most likely hinge on whether or not you like what he brings to the table. If you're not a Sorkin fan, this probably won't win you over.

• 1 month later...

I've wondered if someone will make a film that depicts the 'scam'/propagandist/political elements of Apple.  How they fleece people into buying their extremely high profit margin products/services.  They'd probably get sued, LOL.