Bellazon

The Man in the High Castle

jj3

The Man in the High Castle (2015-...) 

WIKI >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle_(TV_series)

IMDB >> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740299/

The Man in the High Castle is an American alternate history television series produced by Amazon Studios. The series is based on the 1962 novel of the same name by American science fiction author Philip K. Dick. The story is an alternate history of the world in which the Axis powers won World War II. The United States has been divided into three parts: The Japanese puppet state of the Pacific States of America, which comprises the former United States west of the Rocky Mountains; a German puppet state that comprises the eastern half of the former United States; and a neutral zone that acts as a buffer between the two areas, called the Rocky Mountain States.

The pilot debuted on January 15, 2015 and as a pilot was Amazon's "most-watched since the original series development program began." On February 18, 2015, it was announced that it has been picked up for a season.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

@jj3 I've read this book a couple of years ago and I really liked it! How is the series? Is it worth watching?

It's a meh for me. Overal, i never watched on tv a good uchronia adaptation, and this won't change the stuff, imo.

But you still can watch the first episod to make your own opinion about it.

5 minutes ago, jj3 said:

It's a meh for me. Overal, i never watched on tv a good uchronia adaptation, and this won't change the stuff, imo.

But you still can watch the first episod to make your own opinion about it.

Sad to hear that it isn't better.  Haven't seen the series yet, but just on a purely conceptual level it sounds extremely interesting.  Guess it's a case of the execution failing to live up to the promise of the concept?