Bellazon

Wayward Pines

PinkCouture

19 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

Anyone watching season 2? Not a fan of children running the town and making babies left & right. Seems like they are trying to take the inspiration of Lord of The Flies to the next level.

Honestly, I had no clue that there was a second season. Or even that there were plans to make one, come to think of it. It's hard to shake the feeling that we probably know the answers to all the mysteries already, but I'll give it a watch if and when it reaches the UK. :blush:

56 minutes ago, Michael* said:

Honestly, I had no clue that there was a second season. Or even that there were plans to make one, come to think of it. It's hard to shake the feeling that we probably know the answers to all the mysteries already, but I'll give it a watch if and when it reaches the UK. :blush:

Yes, it started about 2 weeks ago. So far it is kinda meh but let me know what you think :smile:

On 04/06/2016 at 6:21 PM, PinkCouture said:

Yes, it started about 2 weeks ago. So far it is kinda meh but let me know what you think :smile:

Turns out that it started at roughly the same time in the UK. I must have missed the ad campaign. :blush:

I do plan on giving it a whirl, although I must say, it's still a bit of a surprise that they brought it back. I would have been okay with leaving it at season one, the story felt like it was told and, whatever people may have thought about the way it wrapped up, it had a proper conclusion, which isn't always the case with shows like this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2016 at 4:49 PM, PinkCouture said:

Anyone watching season 2? Not a fan of children running the town and making babies left & right. Seems like they are trying to take the inspiration of Lord of The Flies to the next level.

I am totally watching. I think that's what happens in the books. For anyone who watches this, this was a book. My only concern is how certain people who could have survived are dead and certain people who should have died because of their injuries are some how alive. LOL. Sorry to be vague but I don't want to give anything away. 

I can't believe  Djimon Hounsou is on this show now. I feel like his character will prevent the whole Lord of the Flies thing from completely destroying the town.

On 06/06/2016 at 5:31 PM, PinkCouture said:

So far it is like---> :dead_horse:

Had a look at the first two episodes and to be honest, I'm already on the verge of switching it off. For a show that was always built around creepy charm, weird mystery and subverting expectations, it feels so plodding and predictable. :no:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, there were definitely three books, but I believe they've already used up all the source material.

I'm only four episodes in, but I think I'm going to call time on the second season. It seems to be morphing into yet another generic sci-fi survival drama. :no:

18 minutes ago, Michael* said:

Yeah, there were definitely three books, but I believe they've already used up all the source material.

I'm only four episodes in, but I think I'm going to call time on the second season. It seems to be morphing into yet another generic sci-fi survival drama. :no:

I don't think they originally anticipated a second season (kinda like Broadchurch/Gracepoint) so they used all their good materials for the first season. I also think it is a typical  Shyamalan project that does well in its initial product but flops when it tries to further it :/ 

39 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

I don't think they originally anticipated a second season (kinda like Broadchurch/Gracepoint) so they used all their good materials for the first season. I also think it is a typical  Shyamalan project that does well in its initial product but flops when it tries to further it :/ 

There's no disputing that Shyamalan has his critics, but I do wonder how much involvement he's had with S2. The show just feels so short on creativity at the moment and that's the one thing I never associate with him. :closedeyes: