Bellazon

Suicide Squad (2016)

Michael*

It's news to me that Katana is going to be in this. She looks great, as do Harley, Croc and Deadshot. Cara Delevingne's Enchantress seems like a bit of a departure though, they've made her look like the girl from 'The Ring'. :ninja:

Anyone know who the two on either side of the group are meant to be? I don't recognise them at all. :unsure:

Edit: reliably informed that it's Adam Beech as Slipknot and Jay Hernandez as El Diablo. Honestly, I'm none the wiser. No prizes for guessing who's going to be getting bumped off first. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a video to go with the gif  posted above:

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_noj7qb4XiG1u3ey7c.mp4#_=_

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cara posted this photo to her instagram, wondering if this might be enchantress? Unless its for some fashion thing.

I thought the Enchantress wore green? :idk:

Here is a video to go with the gif  posted above:

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_noj7qb4XiG1u3ey7c.mp4#_=_

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cara posted this photo to her instagram, wondering if this might be enchantress? Unless its for some fashion thing.

I thought the Enchantress wore green? :idk:

I really don't know I never followed/knew about the comic book before this movie :p But I just wondered because right after Cara posted the Suicide Squad cast picture she posted this with no indication of if it was for a fashion photoshoot or what. 

On 20/05/2015 at 4:13 AM, katchitup said:

I really don't know I never followed/knew about the comic book before this movie :p But I just wondered because right after Cara posted the Suicide Squad cast picture she posted this with no indication of if it was for a fashion photoshoot or what.

A lot of people online seem to think that the above pic is a piece of fan art, possibly depicting the character's alter ego June Moone. Great name, I know. ;) The group shot at the top of the page (post #22, Cara is the one between Jai Courtney and Joel Kinnaman) is apparently how she's going to look in full Enchantress getup.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm. Part of me wants to like it, the other part is seeing Harley and not hearing the over-the-top Brooklyn accent or feeling the volatility of the character. She only had a couple of lines so we'll have to wait and see, but I didn't feel like Margot was playing the part so much as just wearing the clothes. :/

While I've no doubt that Leto will do a decent job as the Joker, I still think covering him in tattoos misses the point of the character entirely. I hope he's able to make the most of the rumoured source material (John Ostrander’s 1980s reboot of the team, which is so wildly different to the inspiration for Ledger’s Joker) and mark his own territory.

I'm actually pretty hyped for this film. It's got a sort of darker, nitty, grittier style than most of the comic book movies that have been released in the most recent years. I've got high hopes for Margot has Harley :) Curious to see whether they stick to her original character (her being a psychiatrist hence how she meets the Joker) or not. Then again they've got a lot of major characters so I don't think they have time to go into the backstories. Enchantress really does look like she came out of a swamp though, and she appears to be isolated from the rest of the Squad, since she doesn't appear in many of the group shots. Maybe she's a major antagonist? 

There's been a lot of flack lately on Twitter+Tumblr on Jared Leto and whether or he's going to do as good as Heath Ledger, with most people criticizing Leto as a person, rather than his acting abilities. Granted the people that are complaining about it appear to lack common sense judging by their profiles but hey, that's the internet. 

^ Based on what we have seen I think they do go into the backstory of the Harley Quinn and The Joker.

It is hard compare Heath and Jared's Jokers because they're both interpreted and portrayed slightly different. Regardless, based on the trailer I think Jared's acting is pretty good. He totally came across as a deranged killer---Joker or not :p

You reckon she's the one the Joker is talking to in his little montage at the end?

Agreed. No Jokers are ever the same, each time there's been a Joker in a film it's been distinctly different in some way. Interestingly enough when Heath was announced as the Joker a lot of people were critical, and said he wouldn't live up to Jack Nicholson's Joker yet he proved them wrong. Could be the same situation in that case. I think Jared however is very intense with his roles since he does method acting, so I think he'll do good as the Joker. There's a rumour the ending o the film will have the Joker going on a killing spree, so if that is indeed the case, he really fits deranged killer :rofl: 

You reckon she's the one the Joker is talking to in his little montage at the end?

Initially I would say no but now that I thought more about it, it might be her because he does love abusing and torturing her and she loves being abused and tortured by him. Their "romance" is an exaggerated example of a quintessential abusive relationship with a S&M twist  :p

I liked the trailer, it was alot darker than I expected. They really emphasized Margot, she seems like she'll be great as Harley. Cara has got some acting skills herself so I'm excited to see her talent get exposed to a larger audience. Will Smith..meh.

Jared looks great, too bad hes getting so much flack. I like his interpretation of the joker and each one is meant to be different. He looks truly insane!