Bellazon

Suicide Squad (2016)

Michael*

• 4 weeks later...

Viola Davis found Jared Leto's most horrifying gift on the 'Suicide Squad' set inspiring

There have been many stories about the strange gifts Jared Leto sent to his “Suicide Squad” castmates, but Viola Davis’ recollection she gave to Vanity Fair may top them all. The Emmy winner, who will play Amanda Waller in “Squad” when it comes out August 5, said that Leto did some “bad things” while the cast was in rehearsals.

“He gave some horrific gifts,” she said. “He had a henchman who would come into the rehearsal room, and the henchman came in with a dead pig and plopped it on the table and walked out. That was our introduction to Jared Leto.” At first Davis said she was terrified. But then she found the stunt to be motivating. "I was like, oh, s--t, I have to have my stuff together. You talk about commitment!"

Leto, who plays The Joker in the movie, has certainly shown that he has the twisted humor for the character. We’ll see how he stacks up against the others who have played the role when we see him in action this summer.

businessinsider.com

• 1 month later...

New trailer landed last night. I get the feeling that if the promo material gives us an accurate feel of the tone and direction, then we won't be getting much more than a casually entertaining action/dark comedy flick. There's a long time until the release date though, and parts of the film are most probably being reworked as we approach it.

'Bohemian Rhapsody' followed by 'Ballroom Blitz' - whoever's in charge of picking the soundtrack for this is obviously a huge fan of 'Wayne's World'. :laugh:

5 hours ago, Michael* said:

'Bohemian Rhapsody' followed by 'Ballroom Blitz' - whoever's in charge of picking the soundtrack for this is obviously a huge fan of 'Wayne's World'. :laugh:

Whoever picked the trailers' music has just made sure that I definitely will go watch this movie :rofl: 

20 hours ago, katchitup said:

^Love it :laugh: Looks like it's just so damn fun. Love the colors and the cinematography, how alot of the looks and images in the movie match the bright cartoon like neon Suicide Squad lights. 

I do at least like the fact that they're not CGI-ing it to death. David Ayer confirmed a while ago that he's trying to do as many stunts and action set-pieces as possible using old school practical effects, which should be an aid to getting in good with the critics.

58 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

:rofl::rofl: 

(I should watch that movie btw :ninja: )

You definitely wouldn't regret that. Now that I think about it, I'd quite like to give it another watch one of these days. I actually feel pretty gung-ho about a superhero crossover adaptation of it now, too. :rofl:

• 2 months later...

Four new TV spots have just arrived, all of which show more of the movie's humourous side. It was being reported a while back that the unexpected success of 'Deadpool' had led to parts of this being reworked to add more jokes, but David Ayer has since denied that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2016 at 1:48 PM, katchitup said:

So close :chicken::chicken:

Official posters/Ads:

Suicide-Squad-main-poster.jpg 

Suicide-Squad-Harley-Quinn-One-Month-Poster.jpg suicide-squad-harley-quinn-poster-399x600.jpg suicidesquad-poster-team-xeyes.jpg 12489243_1674589672821667_4430624289856009994_o.jpg 

It seems like we have been waiting for this movie forever....

That barely looks like Will Smith. And the 'skull' boy is a male model.

• 2 weeks later...