Bellazon

Suicide Squad (2016)

Michael*

I loved the this trailer soo much!!!   :dance: I'am even more excited about this movie, I don't read comic books so I don't know too much about the characters and can't judge if they are being true to the original thing but I do like movies about it and Suicide Squad is looking great to me, it seems really dark and intense.  And off course I LOVED Margot in this role, she's loooking fantastic and Jared, no words, he's looking scary and I'am sure he's going to rock as Joker.   :surrender:

I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't like Harley. I never got the appeal of her. She was created to be The Joker's girlfriend? I personally don't see the appeal, as I don't think she's very interesting but I get that a lot of people do. The voice never helped win me over either, especially in the Batman games when I'm trying to focus and she's screaming like a banshee. 

I'm most excited to see Leto as The Joker. He won me over in the trailer so I'm certain he'll be brilliant throughout the whole movie. I can look past his appearance, especially the teeth as a lot of people have stated he probably has them because Batman knocked out his real ones.  

^^

Harley is supposed to be quirky comedic relief.  Joy in chaos. She's supposed to be light hearted, loveable yet crazy but with the underpinnings of tragedy.  She is that way because according to the characterization she feels more fulfilled as a madwoman than in her former life as a 'normal' person.  Her accent is more associated with obese 70 year old women than attractive, ex-blondes and she changes her voice.  Of course there is that interplay with her and the Joker.

The Harley comics series expands a lot more in that it shows her being capable of switching from a serious side to the zany side.  After splitting from the Joker she has ... so called, rehabilitated herself during the workday, and then goes crazy elsewhere in her own way- a bit like Batman.  I personally think that her franchise has a lot of room to get developed deeper and better.

The Suicide squad comics use a darker, more crazy /killer version of her.  But it is overall a much more crude comic than the Harley series.

My personal opinion of this trailer is it's a solid thumbs down so far just like the comic.

• 3 months later...

I'm assuming that's his 'just busted out of Arkham' look. :laugh:

Hopefully, it's one of those designs that works onscreen, in motion and in the right lighting, because it hasn't looked that appealing to me in the promotional stills. We're going to have to wait and see what they've put together when we've got all the elements, but I get the feeling that Leto will either completely knock it out of the park or the whole thing will be a spectacular failure. Somehow, I can't see there being much in the way of middle ground.

On 18/07/2015 at 8:46 PM, KelAnne_ said:

I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't like Harley. I never got the appeal of her. She was created to be The Joker's girlfriend? I personally don't see the appeal, as I don't think she's very interesting but I get that a lot of people do. The voice never helped win me over either, especially in the Batman games when I'm trying to focus and she's screaming like a banshee.

What I personally think makes Harley such a brilliant creation is that she taps into what it means to be insanely passionate about something. Hardcore fans often do things that seem crazy or waste their time and money just to get closer to the things they love most, and that's pretty much the character in a nutshell. Without wishing to sound too presumptuous, I dare say the majority of comic book readers can relate to her on some level. :laugh:

I think one of my main reservations about Leto’s Joker is how young he looks, at least from a distance. Somehow makes it a bit tricky to imagine the dynamic between him and a Batman who we've been led to believe will be appearing as a much older character. Even though in reality, Leto and Affleck are probably about the same age. :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The latest trailer has been revealed, with mixed feelings for my wallet. Joker and Harley still seem fairly lacklustre to me, but it does look like quite a fun romp. Could go down in history as the first movie ever where Jai Courtney does something interesting. :laugh: