Bellazon

Grace Elizabeth
Thumbnail

2324lebron

Meet Modeling’s Next Crossover Bombshell

These days, a model has to be a jack-of-all-trades. Walking the runway is a skill, but so is vamping it up for a lingerie brand, or marketing yourself on Instagram. The girls who get the most traction tend to be able to do a little bit of everything, and the latest do-it-all beauty is Grace Elizabeth. In the middle of a whirlwind two months that has seen her appearing in French Vogue, working with Victoria’s Secret and walking for Oscar de la Renta, Elizabeth is quickly becoming a force in the commercial and high-fashion segments of the industry. Pouty and curvaceous enough to pose alongside the bombshells, yet distinctive enough to pull off artsy shoots with Willy Vanderperre or Patrick Demarchelier, for Elizabeth, who grew up in a small North Florida town, getting the opportunity to show both sides of herself has been educational. “Fashion isn’t a huge thing in my town,” said Elizabeth, after opening the show at Tory Burch. “As an outsider looking in, the industry looks so easy and glamorous, and then when I became a part of this crazy world I realized it requires a lot of hard work and dedication.”

Like Gigi Hadid and Kate Upton before her, Elizabeth was a Guess girl who made the transition to the runway. After her breakout moment walking with supermodels like Adriana Lima and Lara Stone at Miu Miu’s Fall 2016 show, Elizabeth arrived on the radar of a new set of clients. Signed with Next Management, an agency known for its marquee talent, Elizabeth has seen her profile rise considerably in the past few months. “I was walking to a casting one day, when all of a sudden photographers came from out of nowhere and bombarded me, it caught me off guard,” says Elizabeth. Paparazzi moments aside, the model is enjoying the changes that have happened to her career as a result—though they’re not without their own particular stressors. “Before each show, I go through so many different emotions,” says Elizabeth. “Tory Burch show was the first fashion show I opened. I was so nervous; I couldn’t quit singing and moving around, and everyone had to talk to me about cheesecake to distract me!”

It’s rare to find a model who would take a backstage cheesecake break before setting foot on the runway, but Elizabeth’s bubbly personality is part of the package. At the end of the day, what gets a model booked often has more to do with their disposition than their measurements, and for the affable Elizabeth, a fan of musical theater, Saturday night bowling trips, and Sudoku puzzles, that bodes well for the future. “Who did I have the most fun with? Everyone!” says Elizabeth. “Fashion Week is a great way to meet all kinds of people from all over the world—being here in New York alone has been memorable itself. The city makes you feel alive!”

http://www.vogue.com/