Bellazon

Gotham

Michael*

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dipped into S3 to check whether or not I'd been missing anything good. Much like the first season, which I watched from start to finish, it blows hot and cold.

BD Wong and how stupendously evil he makes Hugo Strange has been the best bit for me, I was amazed the other night seeing him somehow manage to turn 'Eve' into a four-syllable word. :laugh:

Good lord though, are they on dodgy ground with some of the Ivy stuff. :no:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 12:17 AM, Limerlight said:

It's been okay this season.

The Penguin plot line is rather intriguing but still it's overall just okay.

I watch it only cause it has the DC stamp

Some of the recent episodes tested my patience a bit, but I managed to muddle through. For some reason, the writing in an already pretty wacky show suddenly became very erratic and rushed, particularly in terms of character motivations (Leslie's flip-flop on having Jim murdered, Falcone's nonchalance about his son's death etc).

The handling of Jerome has been my highlight so far, Monaghan is doing an excellent job.

13 hours ago, Limerlight said:

The "joker-esque" character was always going to be IMO the hardest one to nail, it takes a certain... personality to do it, but Monaghan you're right is wonderful :chicken: 

It feels like he's taken the manic intensity of Ledger, the gleeful insanity of Hamill, and the charm of Nicholson and put it all in a blender. At this point, I'd sooner give him a shot as the Joker on the big screen than have Jared Leto reprise the role.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...