Bellazon

Roosmarijn de Kok
Thumbnail

FashionDream

@roosmarijndekok on instagram:
"Another day in the studio with #vsx @victoriassecret"
post-88818-0-81681600-1417020406_thumb.j

and because I don't know how to upload a .mp4-file to imgBox or something, here is a link to a small video by @dominiquesamuel (I know hotlinking is not allowed, but I don't know an alternative):

post-88818-0-32528700-1417021725_thumb.j

"#dutchies on set post-88818-0-1446086668-41743_thumb.pngpost-88818-0-1446086670-70068_thumb.pngpost-88818-0-1446086670-71221_thumb.pngpost-88818-0-1446086670-74122_thumb.png@victoriassecretsport #victoriassecretsport#victoriassecret #model @roosmarijndekok #wilhelminamodels #glam#dominiquesamuel"

EDIT: Added the video and corrected the captions

I though I already posted that video here but I didn't! It's such a cool video  :chicken: I made my avatar a part of the video last week but I totally forgot to post it here; I saw you made it your avatar too FD (Yours is sooo much better tho, love it  :wub: )

Though some of you might be interested in a little bit of a back story for Roos :) My mother and Roosmarijns mother are friend, so I sometimes here stuff about her. Some things might be wrong because I am writing this from the top of my head, so maybe I'll make an edit later.

She comes from Amerongen (The Netherlands) and has two sisters (Isabelle and Valerie, who are twins). Roosmarijn was always a smart kid; She did well in school and initially wanted to study at an university. But then she was scouted by Wilhelmina Models on a trip to New York. When she got back to the Netherlands, she was scouted again in Amsterdam but she declined. She got into the 'development' thing at Wilhelmina's (she still is I think) and she did well, last time I heard the was in the top 3 of the new models :)

Currently she lives in New York and is doing her modelling. Her mom also want her to study because she has lots of free time , she only works a couple of days a week but Roosmarijn wants to focus on her modelling. This might have changed in the meantime because this story is a bit old, from back when there was a small problem with the lawsuit.

The lawsuit was quite unfortunate: Roos wanted to buy some stuff at the store and she put it in her small purse. While shopping she saw some other stuff and accidentally put it in her bag. Then at the checkout, she forgot to empty one of them so she only paid for a part of her stuff, and when she walked out she was grabbed by the store assistants. She was super scared to tell her agency because she was afraid they might fire her, so she decided try to deal with it without them knowing. She knew a lawyer who wanted to help her, and because the courthouse wasn't busy at the moment her case was actually presented in front of a judge.

In court, a journalist saw her and though it was a fun case to put in the newspaper. Now in the Netherlands, journalists would never mention your full name or take photos in court (I think that is even illegal) in a case but in the USA they apparently do, so the case with her full name and some photos were put in a lot of magazines and newspaper! It was a real disaster and of course her management found out. They weren't very angry about the crime (apparently models have done a lot worse ;) ) but they said that they should have just told them, than this case would never have gotten in the papers.

I'm glad she's still doing strong in spite of all this :)

Sorry for the bad English and stuff, also I wrote this on mobile so there might be some spelling errors also

edit: fixed some really stupid spelling errors and

ALSO TO CLARIFY, I DON'T KNOW ROOS PERSONALLY. My mom and her mom have been friends forever, but I've never met Roos in person (sadly), I only hear the stories from my mom. Sorry if there was any confusion!

I though I already posted that video here but I didn't! It's such a cool video :chicken: I made my avatar a part of the video last week but I totally forgot to post it here; I saw you made it your avatar too FD (Yours is sooo much better tho, love it :wub: )

I though I already posted that video here but I didn't! It's such a cool video :chicken: I made my avatar a part of the video last week but I totally forgot to post it here; I saw you made it your avatar too FD (Yours is sooo much better tho, love it :wub: )

That's funny because when I saw your avi, I figured you must have posted it here but that It just slipped me by, so I litterally read over the thread like 4 times trying to find it lol but to no avail. So thanks for bringing it to my attention. :hug:

Thanks for the compliment :hug:

Also, thanks for all that info you shared :hug: Really nice having you around Flamelingo :hug:

And thanks Elfstone and Syria for your lovely presence :hug:

instagram

post-88818-0-1446086677-81149_thumb.jpg

Apparently Roos deleted this image from her IG, super strange because she almost never deletes stuff and it's such a cute photo! But thanks to you it lives on Syria  :clap: Anyway here are two other pictures of her new haircut, posted on IG by @hairbyglenne (the haircutter)

post-88818-0-1446086677-89145_thumb.jpg post-88818-0-1446086677-93115_thumb.jpg

Wow I just read an article by NYPost about the verdict from the lawsuit (article is from november) but there is something else in it that is waaay cooler:

Model dodges criminal charges for shoplifting by helping the poor

A gorgeous Dutch model busted for swiping fish oil and three chocolate bars from a Whole Foods in Tribeca last summer dodged a criminal record by doing one day of community service at a soup kitchen, The Post has learned.
Wilhelmina model Roosmarijn de Kok, 19, spent a day feeding the homeless at the Lower East Side Girls Club on Oct 24. Her actress pal Rosario Dawson, a board member of the charity, joined her to perform the good deed as part of a deal her lawyer hammered out with prosecutors.
The next day, the blond stunner flew to London to try out as a Victoria’s Secret Angel for this year’s hotly anticipated show and landed the gig, said her defense lawyer Sal Strazzullo.
De Kok will be strutting her long legs down the catwalk on Dec. 9.

“The charity work paid off,” said her attorney. “She’s on her way to bigger and better things.”
If the sticky-fingered beauty, who didn’t have to make an admission of guilt as part of the deal, stays out of trouble for six months, the petit larceny and criminal possession of stolen property raps against her will be dismissed.
De Kok was arrested July 18 after a security guard saw her stash the sweets and a bottle of DHA fish oil in her bag at the Greenwich Street store then try to walk out without paying.
De Kok, who has modeled for Urban Outfitters and appeared in Vogue Thailand, simply forgot to pay for the items, her lawyer said. She went to the register and bought non-fat yogurt and some protein bars and didn’t remember she had the pricey oil and candy in her bag.
“She decided she wanted to put this behind her,” Straz­zullo said.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/10/model-dodges-criminal-record-for-shoplifting-by-helping-the-poor/

I'm not sure if NYPost is a credible source but this sounds soo cool! :woot: Does any of you know if this has been confirmed?

EDIT: Most likely false :( there is literally no other mention of her doing the show. I think the author got her VSX work confused with the show or something
EDIT 2: it could also be that Roosmarijns appearance should be a surprise because one name wasnt revealed or something (I just scrolled over the VSFS thread so idk) but personally I don't think that's very likely
EDIT 3: wth I checked Roos's IG and she wasn't even in London around the end of October? I don't know about this lawyer but it seems that what he said (or is quoted as saying) is plain BS...

EDIT 4: CONFIRMED FALSE :(