Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament

Today’s results are in!

Group 4

Cheryl Tiegs (84.0%) defeated Hillary Safire (16.0%)

May Andersen (87.0%) defeated Lynn Brophy (13.0%)

Group 5

Yamila Diaz-Rahi (80.0%) defeated Roberta Little (20.0%)

Melissa Haro (79.2%) defeated Jessie Sanders (20.8%)

Group 6

Daniela Pestova (70.8%) defeated Quiana Grant (29.2%)

Karen Alexander (78.3%) defeated Beri Smither (21.7%)

My spin:

I don’t think any of these six matches were expected to be close, and that’s exactly what happened.  All winners took care of their opposition easily.  Perhaps today’s only surprise was the relatively low vote percentage for Daniela Pestova, who is an SI legend and ranked #6 in my ranking system.  She still won easily, but I expected an even more dominant performance from her.

What are your thoughts?  Post and share them!

The latest group tables/standings can be found here.

Thanks for voting!

There is an issue with the poll provider's results page after they performed server maintenance yesterday.  The polls are all collecting, but I can't see the results.  Yeah, an inability to see results from a poll makes a poll service difficult to use.  :)

I contacted their support last night, and they expect to have it fixed within 24 hours.  Until it is fixed, I won't be able to post any results.  

But, at least I was still able to create new polls and keep the voting going with new matches.  Now, hopefully it doesn't take weeks to fix.  :)

Thanks!

It might be a silly question but If it says "thank you for voting" when we click on the poll (without giving options), does that mean it's got our vote already or just that it just thinks it has because of a cookie/cookies? Do we need to delete cookies before voting or has it got our vote already (though at some point it wasn't counting votes) if it just says "thank you for voting"?

It might be a silly question but If it says "thank you for voting" when we click on the poll (without giving options), does that mean it's got our vote already or just that it just thinks it has because of a cookie/cookies? Do we need to delete cookies before voting or has it got our vote already (though at some point it wasn't counting votes) if it just says "thank you for voting"?

It should have your votes, but I have decided to end the possibility of the poll system screwing us anymore.  :)  I will be reposting the matches that are gummed up and recreating the polls themselves, so they'll be like completely new polls to the system.  Plan is to add a couple of "repost" matches to the end of the new daily matches.  By about a week or so, we'll be all caught up again with brand new polls.

It's the best way I can figure out to work around the issues that were caused by the poll system.  Too bad they happened, but the system is usually great.  I love it, ordinarily, but this time it got all messed up for us!

Another important note:

I have figured out what I think is the best way to work around the polling issues, which are now resolved.  I'm worried that the system stored that people responded but didn't store their responses.  In other words, the system may think you have already voted, but it didn't count that vote (or the vote was lost).

To avoid this, I'm going to leave the old matches/polls up there, but I'm also going to create brand new polls for the matches that were affected.  I will post a few "repost" matches in with the new daily matches from here on out, and people can vote again.  I will tabulate the results from both and easily filter duplicates.

By the end of a week or so of doing this, we'll be all caught up again.

Thanks for your patience while this happened.  Usually this poll provider rocks, but this was an isolated incident.  :)

Alright, here’s a big batch of results because of the poll system issues.  Please see my previous post about my plan to repost the matches that were most affected by the poll system issues.  But, these matches below were fine.

Enjoy!

Group 7

Irina Shayk (81.8%) defeated Micheline Lee (18.2%)

Lucia Dvorska (54.2%) defeated Jeisa Chiminazzo (45.8%)

Group 8

Brooklyn Decker (82.6%) defeated Anna Getaneh (17.4%)

Fernanda Tavares (65.2%) defeated Erin Gray (34.8%)

Group 9

Veronica Varekova (78.3%) defeated Suzy Smith (21.7%)

Shirley Mallmann (79.2%) defeated Audrey Quock (20.8%)

Group 10

Anne Vyalitsyna (79.2%) defeated Carla Maria (20.8%)

Ehrinn Cummings (64.0%) defeated Lujan Fernandez (36.0%)

Group 11

Christie Brinkley (69.2%) defeated Jessica Hart (30.8%)

Yesica Toscanini (61.5%) defeated Bridget Hall (38.5%)

Group 12

Kate Upton (83.3%) defeated Carmen Luisa Vela (16.7%)

Melissa Keller (60.0%) defeated Alicia Hall (40.0%)

Group 13

Paulina Porizkova (90.9%) defeated Annette Molen (9.1%)

Yasmeen Ghauri (72.7%) defeated Irina Gerasimenko (27.3%)

Group 14

Bar Refaeli (82.6%) defeated Tanga Moreau (17.4%)

Izabel Goulart (75.0%) defeated Pixie Peterson (25.0%)

Group 15

Heidi Klum (87.5%) defeated Bernadette Swann (12.5%)

Lauren Mellor (82.6%) defeated Kylie Bax (17.4%)

My spin:

There are too many matches to comment on here, but I’m going to highlight those that are most interesting.  My biggest shock was Lauren Mellor crushing Kylie Bax.  Kylie had a strong showing in last year’s tourney, so she is no slouch.  So, Lauren’s margin of victory is very impressive.  Heidi Klum may not walk away with first place in the group so easily, after all.  Besides that one, most played out according to expectations.  The match between Lucia Dvorska and Jeisa Chiminazzo was very close.  Lucia was one of the cinderellas in the 2013 tournament, so she was favored, but Jeisa gave her all that she could handle.  Personally, I voted for Jeisa, who I don't think gets enough recognition for her SI hotness!

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

Group 16

Petra Nemcova (85.0%) defeated Barbro Ehn (15.0%)

Molly Sims (52.6%) defeated Dominique Piek (47.4%)

Group 17

Rebecca Romijn (89.5%) defeated Lorraine Pascale (10.5%)

Aurelie Claudel (83.3%) defeated Jenny Brunt (16.7%)

Group 18

Vendela Kirsebom (83.3%) defeated Gail O’Neill (16.7%)

Kristy Hinze (76.2%) defeated Ana Paula Lemes (23.8%)

My spin:

Well, my girl Dominique Piek almost pulled off the upset, but she came up just short against Molly Sims.  I think that group is one of the toughest in the tournament, with Dominique, Molly, and Petra.  Dominique can’t catch a break, as last year she was matched up against Cindy Crawford in the first round.  Now, she draws a terribly difficult group this year.  Thankfully for her, there are wild card entries into the Knockout Stage, so maybe Dominique can still advance that way, even if she can’t beat out the other SI legends in her group.

Thanks for voting!