Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament

Today’s results are in!  Just one group today due to the catch up from the poll provider issues…

Group 19

Ashley Richardson (94.7%) defeated Paulette Kieon (5.3%)

Noemie Lenoir (57.9%) defeated Yasmin Brunet (42.1%)

My spin:

Ashley Richardson was lucky enough to get slotted in the group with the lowest ranked SI Swimsuit model of all-time, Paulette Kieon.  Now, there’s a distinction, huh?  Lowest ranked in the history of SI Swimsuit models.  Ah, well, at least Paulette was in the issue, which only 234 can claim.  Anyway, Ashley trounced her in this match.  In the other one, which I thought was far more intriguing, Noemie Lenoir held on for a rather close victory over the blonde Yasmin Brunet.  Nice win for Noemie.

What are your thoughts?  Post and share them!

The latest group tables/standings can be found here.

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!  Just one group again today due to the catch up from the poll provider issues…

Group 20

Rachel Hunter (90.0%) defeated Carol Latimer (10.0%)

Natasha Barnard (95.8%) defeated Charissa Craig (4.2%)

My spin:

Not much to say with these two lopsided matches!  Most notable, perhaps, was that Natasha’s 95.8% tally is the 2nd-highest score so far in the 2014 tournament, eclipsed only by Marisa Miller’s 96.9% against Kathy Loghry.

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!  

Group 31

Chandra North (83.3%) defeated Kathryn Redding (16.7%)

Amber Smith (70.6%) defeated Kadra Ahmed Omar (29.4%)

Group 32

Jessica White (70.6%) defeated Mary Sturdevant (29.4%)

Vanessa Lorenzo (87.5%) defeated Sheila Roscoe (12.5%)

Group 33

Jenna de Rosnay (58.8%) defeated Pania Rose (41.2%)

Angie Everhart (88.9%) defeated Caprice Bourret (11.1%)

Group 21

Nina Agdal (77.8%) defeated Reka Ebergenyi (22.2%)

Chanel Iman DREW WITH Sabrina Barnett (50%-50%)

My spin:

Well, there’s an oddity: a draw!  Rookie Chanel Iman and two-time SI model Sabrina Barnett couldn’t be separated, and the voting ended completely even.  For their efforts, each receive one point in the standings.  The one point will help, but it’s going to be an uphill battle displacing Nina Agdal from the top spot.  Nina had an easy victory, but her 77.8% of the vote was a little less than I expected.  A good show of support for her respectable opponent, Hungarian Reka Ebergenyi, was to blame.  

Another notable result was Vanessa Lorenzo’s trouncing of the higher-ranked Sheila Roscoe.  The “throwback” models from the 60s and early 70s historically haven’t performed as well in the tournament, and usually with good reason, since I think they are generally not as attractive as more recent SI selections.  (One could delve into the changing definition of beauty and taste over time, but I won’t here!)  Anyway, I thought Sheila, who was the 1972 covergirl, has a great look and was very cute.  But, she was no match for Vanessa, who appeared in SI 30 years after her.

Finally, two more notable results in Group 33: Jenna de Rosnay edged out Pania Rose in what was predicted to be an even match and was.  Angie Everhart had a very impressive win against decent opposition in Caprice Bourret, as Angie got nearly 90% of the vote.  That performance certainly cements her as the favorite to win Group 33. 

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!  

Group 34

Michelle Behennah (64.7%) defeated Rosie de la Cruz (35.3%)

Fernanda Motta (75.0%) defeated Aya Thorgren (25.0%)

Group 35

Esti Ginzburg (84.2%) defeated Georgianna Robertson (15.8%)

Kate Bock (77.3%) defeated Talisa Soto (22.7%)

Group 36

Genevieve Morton (100.0%) defeated Kirby Griffin (0.0%)

Mallory Snyder (82.4%) defeated Monique Moura de Carvalho (17.6%)

Group 22

Elsa Benitez (90.5%) defeated Kenza Fourati (9.5%)

Aline Nakashima (78.9%) defeated Michelle Alves (21.1%)

My spin:

Yesterday, we had our first draw, and today we have the first perfect vote, as Genevieve Morton becomes the first to have a cleat sheet.  What is most surprising about this is that Genevieve had a decent opponent in Kirby Griffin.  Kirby won one match over Lorraine Pascale and took 46% of the vote in her match against Hannah Davis in the Qualifying Round of last year’s tournament.  So, for her to get 0% is a real shocker to me.  Great job to Genevieve, I guess!

In another impressive performance, Aline Nakashima took out Michelle Alves and got over 78% of the vote in the process.  Aline has a tough chore to beat out Elsa Benitez for first place in her group, but this is certainly an impressive start. 

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!  (albeit a little later than usual)

Group 37

Josie Maran (100.0%) defeated Marilyn Tindall (0.0%)

Margaux Hemingway (88.9%) defeated Ann Simonton (11.1%)

Group 38

Janelle Fishman (84.2%) defeated Navia Nguyen (15.8%)

Hannah Davis (86.4%) defeated Kim Lemanton (13.6%)

Group 39

Ingrid Seynhaeve (61.1%) defeated Tamara Spoelder (38.9%)

Frankie Rayder (80.0%) defeated Samantha Jones (20.0%)

Group 23

Stacey Williams (100.0%) defeated Hina Tama (0.0%)

Ann Peterson (61.1%) defeated Dayle Haddon (38.9%)

My spin:

Yesterday, we had our first clean sheet, as Genevieve Morton didn’t allow Kirby Griffin to take a single vote.  Today, we have an amazing two more!  Josie Maran and Stacey Williams both shutout their opposition to join the ranks of the perfect.  But, both of these were far less shocking than Genevieve’s domination of Kirby Griffin, because both Josie’s and Stacey’s opponents were older “throwback” models that tend not to fare well in this competition.  (Again, I could go on about society’s changing tastes in beauty but I won’t!)  Nonetheless, a perfect match is a perfect match, and that’s quite a feat.

As far as the other matches go, again not too many surprises here.  Frankie Rayder, Ingrid Seynhaeve, and Hannah Davis all had easy wins, but Ingrid’s was maybe a bit closer than expected.  My darkhorse candidate for Group 38?  Janelle Fishman, who got over 84% of the vote against Navia Nguyen.  Janelle will eventually have to face off against Hannah Davis, though, and that match will probably decide first place in that group.

Thanks for voting!

~~~~
My precise thought when I saw the Ratajowski-Praver and the DiDonato-Von Gerkan matchups was that this was a "Group of Death".

I'd voted for both "underdogs", partly because I figured that the models in the most-recent 2014 SI issue (plus perhaps two of the fastest-rising young supermodels) would receive a narrow majority of votes.  Manon was also a VS model, back in the era when a number of models appeared in both SI and VS catalogs.

Well, you're right about the "Group of Death" thing, but be careful... DiDonato & von Gerkan are in a different group.  They're in Group 41.  Group 24 is the real tough one, with EmRata, Praver, Tyra, Hannah Ferguson, and Orme.

It's easy to get mixed up, since there are a lot of matches going on.  But, just realize that I post matches from 3 groups per day.  So, not everyone I post in a given day is in the same group.  

You can always check out my handy table of groups linked here.   :)  Thanks for participating!!!