Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament

Today’s results are in!

Knockout Stage - Second Round

Kim Cloutier (60.0%) defeated Carolyn Murphy (40.0%)

(6) Daniela Pestova (68.0%) defeated Lucia Dvorska (32.0%)

Kim Cloutier and (6) Daniela Pestova will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:

The Czech chicks are ruling the Jule Campbell Region, as #6 Daniela Pestova made it three Czech beauties out of eight models remaining in the region. Daniela knocked off a tough opponent in Lucia Dvorska rather easily, and that will setup a showdown against Canadian Kim Cloutier. Kim dispatched of Carolyn Murphy to advance to what should be a great Third Round match against Daniela.

What are your thoughts?  Post and share them!

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

(3) Marisa Miller (75.0%) defeated (5) Yamila Diaz-Rahi (25.0%)

Daniella Sarahyba (52.2%) defeated Angie Everhart (47.8%)

(3) Marisa Miller and Daniella Sarahyba will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:

The huge Second Round match between models ranked in the top five ended up being a bit of a yawner, as #3 Marisa Miller easily beat #5 Yamila Diaz-Rahi, perhaps suggesting that Yamila may be outclassed in the top five.

In the other match, Daniella Sarahyba narrowly defeated ravishing redhead Angie Everhart. Angie’s first loss of the 2014 tournament sends her home waiting for next year, while Daniella continues a nice run and will now face her toughest test yet when Marisa comes knocking.

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

Hannah Davis (83.3%) defeated (19) Ashley Richardson (16.7%)

(14) Bar Refaeli (88.9%) defeated Ehrinn Cummings (11.1%)

Hannah Davis and (14) Bar Refaeli will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:

Hannah Davis is riding her summer of momentum all the way into the Third Round, as she easily dispatched of the #19 seed, Ashley Richardson. Hannah will have her toughest test of the tournament, by far, when she faces Bar Refaeli in the next match. Bar got there by pummeling Ehrinn Cummings, whose surprising run in this year’s tournament comes to a crashing halt.

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

(15) Heidi Klum (63.6%) defeated Izabel Goulart (36.4%)

Laetitia Casta (67.9%) defeated (22) Elsa Benitez (32.1%)

(15) Heidi Klum and Laetitia Casta will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:

Heidi Klum and Izabel Goulart waged a bodypaint battle, and Heidi won convincingly to remain undefeated and bounce Izabel from the 2014 tournament.

In the other match, Laetitia Casta won more easily than I would have imagined against #22 Elsa Benitez. Both models had come into the match undefeated, so I expected a competitive one, but Laetitia won going away. Elsa’s first loss sends her packing and hoping for better in next year’s tournament.

That sets up a very promising match against a couple of well-known supermodels. Heidi or Laetitia? That’s what you will need to decide!

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

Sara Sampaio (61.9%) defeated Vanessa Lorenzo (38.1%)

Dominique Piek (72.2%) defeated May Andersen (27.8%)

Sara Sampaio and Dominique Piek will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:

Sara Sampaio remained undefeated in her career and became the first 2014 rookie to advance to the Third Round. Sara started as a dark horse candidate, and she has delivered as she finds herself amongst the 32 remaining models in the next round.

A similar dark horse candidate, Dominique Piek, will be Sara’s opponent in the Third Round. Dominique easily beat May Andersen, and it looks like Dominique is gaining momentum. The Sara vs. Dominique match may be one of the most interesting we’ve seen so far.

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

Yesica Toscanini (61.1%) defeated Stephanie Seymour (38.9%)

Julie Henderson (73.9%) defeated Gigi Hadid (26.1%)

Yesica Toscanini and Julie Henderson will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:

Wow. I didn’t see this one coming. Stephanie Seymour is the only model to defeat last year’s champion, Marisa Miller, and she ran through the Group Stage undefeated while relegating Marisa to a wild card berth. So, what does she do as a follow up? Lose her first Knockout Stage match! Yesica Toscanini pulled off the upset to advance to the Third Round and made her native Argentina very proud, I’m sure!

Yesica will face off against Julie Henderson, who steamrolled young rookie Gigi Hadid. Gigi had entered this match unbeaten, but she gets knocked out unceremoniously. There will be other chances for Gigi, but now it’ll be Yesica vs. Julie for a spot in the Sexy Sixteen. Who would have thought it?

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

Genevieve Morton (66.7%) defeated (17) Rebecca Romijn (33.3%)

(13) Paulina Porizkova (57.9%) defeated Ana Beatriz Barros (42.1%)

Genevieve Morton and (13) Paulina Porizkova will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:

Genevieve Morton continues her hot run in 2014, as she easily knocked off the #17 seed, Rebecca Romijn. Genevieve remains unbeaten and unchallenged. This was Genevieve’s closest match this year, and she won it by a 2-to-1 margin.

Genevieve’s next opponent will be another top-20 model, Paulina Porizkova, who took care of Ana Beatriz Barros. Paulina is also unbeaten, so Genevieve vs. Paulina should be a cracker of a match.

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

(11) Christie Brinkley (57.1%) defeated Michelle Behennah (42.9%)

Emily Ratajkowski (69.6%) defeated Eva Herzigova (30.4%)

(11) Christie Brinkley and Emily Ratajkowski will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:

Rookie #2 makes it into the final 32 models, as Emily Ratajkowski easily beat Czech supermodel Eva Herzigova to advance. Emily’s results in the tournament have not been entirely convincing: this was her largest margin of victory yet. But, what is convincing is a 5-0 record!

Emily will have another tough test next round when she faces Christie Brinkley. Christie took care of Michelle Behennah, who got knocked out after a very respectable showing in the 2014 tournament.

So, it’ll be young starlet EmRata versus the old guard Christie for a spot in the Sexy Sixteen!

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

Hilary Rhoda (66.7%) defeated Melissa Baker (33.3%)

(8) Brooklyn Decker (79.2%) defeated Carol Alt (20.8%)

Hilary Rhoda and (8) Brooklyn Decker will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:

Can anyone slow down the Brooklyn Decker freight train? That’s not looking easy right now, as evidenced by Brooklyn’s latest thrashing of supermodel Carol Alt. Carol barely managed to break 20% of the vote, and Brooklyn moves on easily.

Brooklyn will face off against one of the surprises of the 2014 tournament, still-unbeaten Hilary Rhoda. Hilary got her fifth win cruising to victory over fellow Cinderella candidate Melissa Baker. Melissa did well to win Group 39, but her road ends in her first Knockout Stage match.

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

(7) Irina Shayk (75.0%) defeated Jessica Perez (25.0%)

Cintia Dicker (57.9%) defeated Julie Ordon (42.1%)

(7) Irina Shayk and Cintia Dicker will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:

Irina Shayk’s tournament was in serious jeopardy in the Group Stage after she had lost to Jeisa Chiminazzo. She rebounded to win the rest of her matches, Jeisa tripped up thanks to Lucia Dvorska, and Irina won the group after all. Now, she looks like none of that ever happened. Irina advanced to the final 32 models with a surprisingly lopsided win over Jessica Perez.

In the other match, surprisingly unbeaten Julie Ordon finally met her match in the form of redheaded Brazilian Cintia Dicker. Cintia prevailed to stay unbeaten herself and will move on to a showdown against Irina.

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

(21) Nina Agdal (81.8%) defeated Kate Bock (18.2%)

(12) Kate Upton (57.7%) defeated Melissa Haro (42.3%)

(21) Nina Agdal and (12) Kate Upton will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:

Kate Bock had entered her match against Nina Agdal undefeated, but she was thoroughly beaten by Nina and couldn’t even get to 20% of the vote. Nina is looking like one of the favorites in the 2014 tournament.

In the other match, Kate the Great had a tougher challenge from the underrated Melissa Haro, but she survived and will advance to the Third Round.

So, that sets up another huge showdown: Nina vs. Kate, which is a rematch from the 2013 tournament. Nina surprised many and won that one, but what will happen this year? Winner moves on to the Sexy Sixteen. Loser goes home. It should be epic! 

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

Hannah Ferguson (64.0%) defeated (10) Anne Vyalitsyna (36.0%)

Josie Maran (68.0%) defeated (23) Stacey Williams (42.3%)

Hannah Ferguson and Josie Maran will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:

Both top-25 models lost their matches today, as Anne V was upended by rookie Hannah Ferguson, and Stacey Williams lost - somewhat expectedly - to Josie Maran. Hannah joins Sara Sampaio and Emily Ratajkowski, as three rookies have made the final 32. Bregje Heinen could make it four, but she is an underdog in her match ending today against Alyssa Miller.

So, it’s Hannah vs. Josie in the next round. It should be a competitive match.

Thanks for voting!