Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament

Hello, everyone!  I had a lot of fun running the 2013 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament, so I’ve decided to do it again for 2014.   :)

Last year, Marisa Miller walked away with the title.  Who will it be this year?  You’ll decide.

The tournament will start this Friday, September 5!  

(Please ignore the first several posts in this thread, as they were from an initial start that I had to stop due to health reasons. We're starting anew!  New matches are those images with a dark background... starting on page 2 of this thread.)

I hope you enjoy the tournament and participate every day!

Edited by alluringbeauties

The first results of the 2014 competition are in. Here they are:

Group 1

Elle Macpherson (80.8%) defeated Patricia Velasquez (19.2%)

Ehrinn Cummings (95.2%) defeated Kathy Loghry (4.8%)

Group 2

Kathy Ireland (88.1%) defeated Margaux Hemingway (11.9%)

Amber Smith (64.1%) defeated Suzy Smith (35.9%)

Group 3

Marisa Miller (88.4%) defeated Kim Lemanton (11.6%)

Annie Morton (75.0%) defeated Lena Kansbod (25.0%)

My spin: There were only two surprises in this first batch of matches.  First, I’m surprised that Suzy Smith got herself over 1/3 of the vote against Amber Smith.  I thought Amber would have had an easier time than that.  The second surprise was more dramatic, as the #220 ranked model, Annie Morton, pummeled #71 Lena Kansbod.  I thought Lena might struggle here, but she did more than struggle.  Lena will have a very difficult time advancing past the group stage after that performance.

The latest group standings can be found here.

Check back tomorrow for more results!

Today’s results:

Group 4

Cheryl Tiegs (81.8%) defeated Sheila Roscoe (18.2%)

Caprice Bourret (51.9%) defeated Reka Ebergenyi (48.1%)

Group 5

Yamila Diaz-Rahi (62.9%) defeated Raica Oliveira (37.1%)

Lauren Mellor (71.9%) defeated Rachel Roberts (28.1%)

Group 6

Daniela Pestova (87.1%) defeated Sabrina Barnett (12.9%)

Samantha Hoopes (58.1%) defeated Kate Bock (41.9%)

My spin: We saw some impressive performances by 2014 rookies Samantha Hoopes and Lauren Mellor, who both knocked off formidable opposition.  Lauren’s win was especially impressive, as she got over 70% of the vote.  It will be interesting to see if either Samantha or Lauren can challenge the favorites in each of their groups, Daniela Pestova & Yamila Diaz-Rahi.

The latest group standings can be found here.

Check back tomorrow for more results!

The second surprise was more dramatic, as the #220 ranked model, Annie Morton, pummeled #71 Lena Kansbod.  I thought Lena might struggle here, but she did more than struggle.  Lena will have a very difficult time advancing past the group stage after that performance.

I think the way the wind is blowing her hair all into her face in the pic and how dated it looks and other things like the bad pose probably doesn't help. She might have done a little bit better, but maybe not much, with a different pic.

The second surprise was more dramatic, as the #220 ranked model, Annie Morton, pummeled #71 Lena Kansbod.  I thought Lena might struggle here, but she did more than struggle.  Lena will have a very difficult time advancing past the group stage after that performance.

I think the way the wind is blowing her hair all into her face in the pic and how dated it looks and other things like the bad pose probably doesn't help. She might have done a little bit better, but maybe not much, with a different pic.

Yes, you're definitely correct there.  The problem is that Lena has nearly all terrible poses and photos for SI, and the one I used in her match against Annie Morton was one was one of her best.  SI's photographers did her no justice back then.  So, maybe I shouldn't have been so surprised by the result, after all.  :)

Due to a personal health issue, I am going to have to shut down the competition before it really gets started.  :(  I won't be available or able to put the time in.  Hopefully, I can be back someday and do this again.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for participating this year and last.