Copyright image reports should first go through the "report" feature within the threads the images are found in. As a secondary form of notice, an e-mail may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the same report information. If all else fails, our DMCA policy and procedure is listed below.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://lcWeb.loc.gov/copyright/) and other applicable intellectual property laws. Responses may include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and/or terminating subscribers. If we remove or disable access in response to such a notice, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner or administrator of the affected site or content so that they may make a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of that Act. It is our policy to document all notices of alleged infringement on which we act. As with all legal notices, a copy of the notice may be sent to one or more third parties who may make it available to the public.
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by email) that sets forth the items specified below. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Indeed, in a recent case (please see http://www.onlinepol.../opg_v_diebold/ for more information), a company that sent an infringement notification seeking removal of online materials that were protected by the fair use doctrine was ordered to pay such costs and attorneys fees. The company agreed to pay over $100,000. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format (including section numbers):
1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (for example, "The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears on http://www.legal.com...egal_page.html" or other information sufficient to specify the copyrighted work being infringed (for example, "The copyrighted work at issue is the “Touch Not This Cat” by Dudley Smith, published by Smith Publishing, ISBN #0123456789").
2. Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above.
YOU MUST IDENTIFY EACH RESULT THAT ALLEGEDLY CONTAINS INFRINGING MATERIAL.
For example, suppose (hypothetically) that you conducted a search on bellazon.com and found that the third and fourth post directly link to a web page that you believe infringes the copyrighted text/images you identified in item #1 above. In this case, you would provide the following information:
Topic: John Doe
Infringing Web Pages/Links/Images: http://www.bellazon....?showtopic=xxxx
3. Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit Bellazon to contact you (email address is preferred).
4. Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
5. Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
6. Send the written communication to the following address:
Attn: Bellazon Support, DMCA Complaints
Report Copyright Abuse
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users