Bellazon

Justice League (2017)

Lkjh

Justice League is an upcoming American superhero film based on the DC Comics superhero team of the same name, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is intended to be the fifth installment in the DC Extended Universe. The film is directed by Zack Snyder, with a screenplay by Chris Terrio, and features an ensemble cast that includes Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons, J. K. Simmons, Amber Heard and Willem Dafoe. In Justice League, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg assemble a team to face the catastrophic threat of Steppenwolf and his army of Parademons.

The film was announced in October 2014 with Snyder onboard to direct and Terrio attached to write the script. Principal photography commenced on April 11, 2016. Justice League is scheduled to be released on November 17, 2017 in 2D, 3D and IMAX 3D.

Synopsis

Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

Cast:
Gal Gadot : Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
Jared Leto: The Joker (rumored)
Henry Cavill: Clark Kent / Superman
Jason Momoa: Arthur Curry / Aquaman
Amber Heard: Mera
Ben Affleck: Bruce Wayne / Batman
Amy Adams: Lois Lane
Jesse Eisenberg: Lex Luthor
Ezra Miller: Barry Allen / The Flash
Kiersey Clemons: Iris West (rumored)
J.K. Simmons: Commissioner Gordon
Jeremy Irons: Alfred Pennyworth
Willem Dafoe: Nuidis Vulko
Ray Fisher: Victor Stone / Cyborg

wikipedia & IMDB

I'm still rooting for DC and Warners to get it right with this, but the trailer is such an about-face from all its previous reference points that it just comes across as a bit jarring. :unsure:

The problem is that Snyder was off-base in striking a balance between darkness and realism for 'Batman v Superman' and ended up with an excessively brooding movie that wasn't reflective of its characters. They've finally started writing the characters as they are, which is commendable, but it feels like a shock to the system because of what's gone before.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I overall enjoyed the movie :smile: I do agree, they did rely on CGI a bit too much that there were many parts that looked very artificial and half-assed :/ I was particular disappointed by Steppenwolf's whole look. They, no pun intended, did not do him justice in the way he could have potentially looked with the resources they had :no:

The plot was cumbersome and very disjointed, which I suppose you'd have to say isn't that surprising when you have two directors whose approach to this kind of material is so different. By and large though, I just don't think the DC movies have understood the characters well enough (Wonder Woman notwithstanding). Tone isn't necessarily the problem since Nolan's Batman and the Russos' Captain America sequels have shown what can be done with stories touching on darker themes.

• 2 years later...

So, the near-mythical Snyder Cut is actually happening and I blame myself. Justice League came on my TV the other week and I didn't switch channels, which I'm assuming pushed the data from 'mediocre' into 'maybe we could repackage this for our new streaming platform'.

5 minutes ago, Michael* said:

So, the near-mythical Snyder Cut is actually happening and I blame myself. Justice League came on my TV the other week and I didn't switch channels, which I'm assuming pushed the data from 'mediocre' into 'maybe we could repackage this for our new streaming platform'.

So you're to blame?  :smile:

On 5/21/2020 at 1:24 AM, jkjk said:

So you're to blame?  :smile:

I believe so, and I take full responsibility. :ph34r:

There's a silver lining though of course, because when the inevitable happens and it turns out to be equally lacklustre or perhaps even worse, people might finally shut up about it. :Angel:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...