Bellazon

Would you wear yellow?

ivanova

For this year's spring trend it is the colour yellow! No before you all say you don't suit it here is a quick guide to wearing the proper shade!

Olive toned skin
Use a rich, sunny yellow, which will lift your complexion. Team it with orange and terracotta and you will be quite the stunner but if you don't want to be so adventurous then team it with khaki and caramel.

Fair skin
If you have fair skin then you are best to stick to powder yellow, teaming it up with cream or pastel shades. Vibrant, lemon yellow will only bring out sallow undertones, while golden skin and hair will glow when set against more muted tones.

Darker skin

Ladies with darker skin should go for a rich canary yellow that will contrast their skin perfectly. Try mixing vibrant yellow with bold blue or another strong primary colour shade for added impact.

Red heads and pale skin
For the redheads and those with pale complexions should try mustard teamed with jewel colours to make a statement. Shades of primrose and daffodil will also work well for a more subtle look.

Asian skin tones
Vanilla or golden hues, which won’t overpower or wash out skin like stronger yellows will work well against dark hair. A block colour dress could look too severe, so try a jacquard print like this with contrasting edging. A pop of intense lemon accessories is all the boldness you need.

So what do you ladies think of this guide? Does it encourage you to think about giving yellow a go or are you still dead set against it? 

• 2 weeks later...

Love wearing yellow - canary, mustard, pale "we don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet but we want to paint the nursery" yellow. It's the perfect colour to wear as a guest at a summer wedding and it's fun to pair with other colours like blue or coral.   

Not sure how I feel about the guide's advice for redheads/pale skin. My hair is reddish, but my skin tone is darker/olive... what now, yellow-wearing guide?! What now??

• 4 months later...

1.Her hair looks a bit dyed

2. My skin is different. 

Yellows, oranges, and reds look awful on me lol

Yes the color of the skin can change everything! It's also a matter of taste. Some people wear what they love and what they want... they don't think "is it pretty on me".

I think that redhead with freckles are so pretty when they wear mauve and purple. And you? Is this a colour you love?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm porcelain skinned (my skin hasn't seen the light of day without sunscreen and a parasol in 20+ years) and each time I've worn yellow in the past I tend to look like I have jaundice but that's mostly due to to any shade of yellow looking neon on against my skin tone.

I have successfully worn Yellow hair though and I loved it :)

So clothing no, hair yes

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...