Bellazon

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

PinkCouture

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

post-2904-0-1446193433-7537_thumb.jpg

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey is an American science documentary television series. It is presented by Neil deGrasse Tyson and is a follow-up to the 1980 television series Cosmos: A Personal Voyage, which was presented by Carl Sagan. The executive producers are Seth MacFarlane and Ann Druyan, Sagan's widow. The series premiered on March 9, 2014, simultaneously in the US across ten 21st Century Fox networks. The remainder of the series will air on Fox, with the National Geographic Channel rebroadcasting the episodes the next day with extra content. The score for Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey was written by Alan Silvestri.

The original 13-part Cosmos: A Personal Voyage first aired in 1980 on the Public Broadcasting System, and was hosted by Carl Sagan. The show has been considered highly significant since its broadcast; David Itzkoff of The New York Times described it as "a watershed moment for science-themed television programming". The show has been watched by at least 400 million people across 60 different countries, and until the 1990 documentary The Civil War, remained the network's highest rated program.

Following Sagan's death in 1996, his widow Ann Druyan, the co-creator of the original Cosmos series along with Steven Soter, a producer from the series, and astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, sought to create a new version of the series, aimed to appeal to as wide an audience as possible and not just to those interested in the sciences. They had struggled for years with reluctant television networks that failed to see the broad appeal of the show.

wikipedia.org

^ Thank you for posting this Pinky, big fan of the Neil here :thumbsup: Finally a series that will awaking the inner curiosities of those who have yet to delve into the greater questions of life...who are we and where did we come from!?

Ever watch Carl's show in school Pinky? :hehe:

I watched the first episode last night and I enjoyed it very much! :yes:

I remember watching re-runs of Carl's show on PBS. I think I might re-watch it b/c I have better understanding of science now :hehe:

I've forgotten to watch it  :chicken:

It's on NatGeo here, but I'm not sure when it's aired.

I think it is on NatGeo Mondays at 10PM EST :)

I watched the first episode last night and I enjoyed it very much! :yes:

I remember watching re-runs of Carl's show on PBS. I think I might re-watch it b/c I have better understanding of science now :hehe:

Or what about Bill Nye? We use to watch him quite often when I was young in school :D

You knew he was next when they rolled in the TV on the cart :laugh:

Or what about Bill Nye? We use to watch him quite often when I was young in school :D

You knew he was next when they rolled in the TV on the cart :laugh:

Bill Nye rocks!!! :woot: We never got to watch him at school :cry:

Here it's Tuesdays 10 PM (local time). An it will be again today at 7 PM, and tomorrow night again :D

:ddr:

^ How is that even possible...

One thing that shocks me about the US is the extreme conservatism of some peoples/areas. Not that those people exist only over there, we have those specimens here too, but it seems (to me at least) that they make a lot more of noise in the US. 

WOW, after I was done with the initial laugh from the hilarity of the clip a sudden wave of depression mixed with a good sprinkle of concern swept over me. To think, we have entire generations being bought up to basically reject the scientific method and the broader horizon of what science has to offer. Thank goodness I don't live there! :D But good gosh they live in the same country as me making policies about women's health, environmental and socioeconomic decisions :ninja:

Nice find Pinky and no surprise here too :laugh:

How is that even possible...

One thing that shocks me about the US is the extreme conservatism of some peoples/areas. Not that those people exist only over there, we have those specimens here too, but it seems (to me at least) that they make a lot more of noise in the US.

You are right, they do make a lot more noise about it here :/ I could get into why but: 1) The post would be quite lengthy b/c there are many different layers 2) I am feeling kinda sleepy so I don't have the energy or motivation to compose my post 3) It involves getting into my political views---some members might not agree with especially if you are conservative.

...But good gosh they live in the same country as me making policies about women's health, environmental and socioeconomic decisions :ninja:

Who are the ones advocating and influencing some of these ridiculous, partial and detrimental policies??? *looks to the right* :cain:

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised they didn't show a rerun of Joel Osteen for the entire Cosmos episode smily%20new%20one.gif

I bet in some states they showed his sermon about God still loving us even if we doubt him :p BTW, I always thought the dude looks like a yuppy from American Psycho :|

Personally I prefer Benny Hinn. If I ever get possessed I want him to anoint me. Fire Falling!!! :Dinah:

I am totally going to hell :nicole: