Bellazon

Shameless (US)

Kevork89

Haven't seen a thread for this fantastic and underrated show. Wondering if any BZ members watch it like I do.

Currently airing it's 4th season on Showtime. Shameless follows the life of the dysfunctional Gallagher family led by the patriarch Frank. Who is played amazingly by William H. Macy. It's a remake of the UK series of the same name.

Season 4 has been amazing so far. Anyone else out there watching.

The show stars

William H. Macy

Emmy Rossum

Ethan Cutkosky

Shanola Hampton

Steve Howey

Emma Kenney

Cameron Monaghan

Jeremy Allen White

Joan Cusack

Noel Fisher

Emma Greenwell

Jake McDorman

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'll finish the second season tonight. I love this show. So funny and lovely and as Kevork wrote, underrated.

Well the second season is not so good imo as the first was, but still great. Maybe because I missed Steve a lot.

I watched all 4 by now! :p My fav is the 3rd season, there were so many epic moments in it! I laughed so much! The 4th was good too, the kids grew so much. I love Carl! It's funny, because earlier he was my least-favourite Gallagher. I hate that Debbie is such a little woman now, she was so cute. Though she's cute as a teen as well. All these child actors and actors are so great! Unbelieveable. I would never thought that Carl could be this good. 

It don't really like the storyline in the 4th, that everyone is changing, into some completely different character. Though these changes are totally credible. It's hard to break out from the circle when you have this role model and family members with mental illness. This is why I love this show. We could think it's just a useful cliffhanger, but it's totally lifelike at the same time. And this stands on (almost :D) every moment of this show. Great people write this show, that's for sure, not some idiots.

Awesome glad you are all caught up. Season 5 starts next year. Can't wait. Yeah season 4 was very different from everything that had come before. I know a lot of people hated Fiona but I loved her character more. I felt sorry for her. She's had to spend her whole life looking after everyone and when things felt normal, in a way she had to go and ruin it because she's never experienced that. It was quite an emotional season. I think 5 is going to be a bit more lighter again and focus back on more comedic aspects of the show.

Yes! Totally. First I hated her a bit too, that she's so bitchy (and loved her for that at the same time), and yes her mental "breakdown" was expectable. I felt sorry for her too, and didn't understand Lip, why he acts like that, when he did a lot of shit before too...But yes, it was very serious with Liam, but still. I really like his new girlfriend btw :D. And hey, don't forget to mention Mandy. She's so nice too. In her own way. And how beautiful nowadays. So great that I don't have to wait much for the next season. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since then I watched the 2nd and 3rd too! The 3rd was the best so far! I'm still really annoyed by Frank's new daughter! 

I miss the times when all the family lived together. And Karen's bitching...

But teen Debbie and Karl are so great now. And Fiona's latest love interest seems really cute :p 

Yeah I'm up to date. Not a whole lot is happening just yet. But still enjoyable. I hope Fiona keeps herself out of trouble. lol couldn't stop laughing when Sheila just drove off. I hope we still see her. Love that character. I agree about Deb and Karl they've been amazing.

Oh yeah! Sheila's awesome! Though I preferred her as a lunatic. :D Those times were epic. :rofl:

And I have those hopes about Fiona too. Well, we've seen her fooling the decent guy already, so this time I think they've found out something else for us. Maybe she'll be pregnant or something. :p :D I like this new guy really much, though he was on sreen like 5 minutes, but he seems so great! :p  :drool:

Yeah they were good together the one issue for me though is why this year the love interests so far for Fiona have all been guys so much older. Emmy Rossum is only like 28 and Fiona is only like 22-23. Why are they having her with guys so old? The musician guy is like 34 so he isn't too bad but that Steve guy is 39 and then Dermot Mulroney is in his 50s.