Bellazon

Alexander Ludwig
Thumbnail

tiika

HUNGER GAMES’ Alexander Ludwig Joins Thriller GO WITH ME

by Darryl Ley on November 20, 2014

EXCLUSIVE: Hunger Games actor Alexander Ludwig will join Anthony Hopkins, Julia Stiles, and Ray Liotta in Pacific Northwest thriller Go With Me, for director Daniel Alfredson (The Girl Who Played With Fire, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest). The picture centers on a young woman, newly returned to her hometown, who becomes the subject of harassment by a local crimelord and turns to an ex-logger (Hopkins) and his laconic young sidekick (Ludwig) for help.

The Enderby Entertainment and Gotham Group production is adapted from the novel of the same name by Castle Freeman, Jr. and marks a reunion for Alfredson and Hopkins, who recently filmed period drama Kidnapping Freddy Heineken together. Hopkins is producing alongside Rick Dugdale, Lindsay Williams, and Ellen Goldsmith-Vein.

Ludwig started acting at a young age with roles in The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising and Race to Witch Mountain. He appeared in The Hunger Games as District 2′s tribute Cato and followed with roles in Grown Ups 2, Lone Survivor, and When the Game Stands Tall. Ludwig also stars on History Channel’s Vikings and will appear opposite Malin Akerman and Taissa Farmiga in the upcoming The Final Girls. He’s repped by ICM Partners, Untitled Entertainment, and Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush & Kaller.

source: deadline.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

MEN'S FITNESS

9nGFWa3O.jpg

VIKINGS STAR ALEXANDER LUDWIG SPRING STYLE

A lightweight cardigan that can be paired with virtually anything.

THE GUY:
Alexander Ludwig
In 2013’s Lone Survivor, rookie Navy SEAL Shane Patton, portrayed by 22-year-old actor Alexander Ludwig, showed up in fighting shape and ready for action. Nonetheless, he was ordered to hang back while the more seasoned SEALs (played by more seasoned actors like Mark Wahlberg and Taylor Kitsch) set out on Operation Red Wings. For Ludwig, who’s since picked up a central role in History’s critically acclaimed series Vikings and top-billed spots in films like 2014’s When the Game Stands Tall, it was a fitting parallel with his blossoming career.

“It’s been really important for me to be patient and just keep honing my craft,” Ludwig says just moments after shooting a scene for his next project, the upcoming Go with Me, in which he stars alongside Hollywood heavyweights Anthony Hopkins and Ray Liotta. For Ludwig, it’s just the kind of action he’s been waiting for. “We just blew up a meth lab. It’s freakin’ awesome!” he says. “It feels like I’m finally on the mission.”

“Usually I stay away from wearing wintery clothing in the summer and vice versa, but I always like going a little out of my comfort zone, and this cardigan is really light and fits very well,” Ludwig says. “I’ve always been a huge fan of John Varvatos.”

“Cardigans are becoming the next best thing to a sport coat for versatility,” explains the designer himself. “They can easily be dressed up or worn more casually with henleys or tank tops. Sweaters, especially cardigans, are ideal for spring, when we have warmer days, but the temperature drops at night. Lightweight and open-weave cardigans, like this one, are perfect for this weather and still give that effortlessly cool look."