Bellazon

Matthew Perry
Thumbnail

sanja

th_16260_3761.jpg

Born in Williamstown, Mass., and raised in Ottawa, Ontario, Matthew Perry had his first taste of acting when he was in the seventh grade. He recalls, "After I got my first laugh on stage, I was hooked."

At age 15 he moved to Los Angeles to live with his father, actor John Bennett Perry. Matthew's interest in acting increased after he performed in several high-school stage productions. In addition to acting, he excelled at tennis -- he was rated No. 17 nationally in the junior singles category, and he and his partner were ranked No. 3 in doubles competition.

After his graduation, Perry had intended to enroll at the University of Southern California, but when he was offered a leading role on the television series "Boys Will Be Boys," he seized the opportunity to begin his chosen career. His other TV-series credits include regular roles on "Home Free" and "Sydney" as well as a recurring part on "Growing Pains." He guest-starred on such series as "Beverly Hills, 90210," "Who's the Boss?", "The Tracey Ullman Show," "Empty Nest" and "The John Larroquette Show."

His TV movies include "Deadly Relations," "Call Me Anna" and "Dance 'til Dawn." Among his feature films are "A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon," "She's Out of Control," "Parallel Lives" and the movies "Fools Rush In" and "Edwards and Hunt: The First American Road Trip" with Chris Farley.

In addition to acting, Perry enjoys writing. He sold his first pilot, "Maxwell's House," to Universal Television recently. His other interests include playing ice hockey and softball.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...