Bellazon

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Cult Icon

I actually don't mind it. The heels are a bit odd (I would have preferred just standard boot soles or perhaps even armoured sandals), but the rest works fairly well. It was probably never on the cards for Gadot to wear anything close to the old stars and stripes gear, and this at least maintains the character's Ancient Greek/Amazonian aesthetic.

As worried as I still am about the casting and the plot of the movie, everything looks decent from a visual standpoint. That's something. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Even if the plot is garbage Snyder will deliver on the visuals. Its nice that they parted ways with Goyer for the writing. The teaser from comic-con was spot on perfect, I am actually starting to have some hope for this one. I didn't mind the Wonder Woman costume either, she better be an amazon though. None of this garbage making her kryptonian rumors.

Even if the plot is garbage Snyder will deliver on the visuals. Its nice that they parted ways with Goyer for the writing. The teaser from comic-con was spot on perfect, I am actually starting to have some hope for this one. I didn't mind the Wonder Woman costume either, she better be an amazon though. None of this garbage making her kryptonian rumors.

He will? Because I find Snyder incredibly one-dimensional and increasingly dull visually.

It appears DC and Warners have blinked first.

‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Moves to March 2016

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has been moved from its May 6, 2016 release date and will now open on March 25, 2016. (Yes, March!) It now opens unopposed instead of in a direct showdown with Marvel Studios and Captain America 3.

The Wrap first posted about the release date change. This is the second time the film, directed by Zack Snyder, has moved its release. Originally it was going to come out in the Summer of 2015, but then moved to May 6, 2016 when major script rewrites opened up the Warner Bros. DC Universe.

He will? Because I find Snyder incredibly one-dimensional and increasingly dull visually.

I dunno, for all its flaws, I thought Man of Steel was nearly flawless visually and action wise. It got the scale of power on Superman correct and stuff like the first flight scene was incredibly well shot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ezra Miller has been officially cast as Barry Allen/The Flash for the movie and for the stand alone Flash movie coming in 2018 o.O

I do love Ezra with all my heart, he is an amazing actor but WTF is this!? He is literally 10 years younger than Superman, 20 years younger than Batman he will look like a stupid little kid next to them, he doesn't fit the part at all IMO ... And it also sucks that they didn't stick to the guy from the CW show that just started and it's getting good ratings, it means that if The Arrow goes to the movies Stephen Amell will most likely be replaced too and he has been killing it as Oliver.

Whoever is doing the casting process over DC is screwing things up, big time.

I didn't care about Oliver at all either until Arrow came out.

What the hell is DC doing here? They finally manage to beat Marvel in something: TV Shows, and instead of taking advantage of it they just ignore it and go in a completely different direction o.O

Also they are releasing 10 movies from 2016 to 2020, that is a ridiculous amount of movies for four years, especially considering their movies haven't been too great with the exception of Nolan's Batman. Honestly none of this makes sense to me at all.

This just became an even bigger spin of the roulette wheel. Building on the platform created by Arrow and Flash and launching the Justice League continuity from a position of increased strength should have been a no-brainer. :no:

If there's any kind of silver lining, it's that they've shown interest in giving Wonder Woman her own movie. Initially, when Gadot was first cast, I was concerned that they were treating an iconic female character (not to mention one of the few genuine A-listers DC has to offer) as an afterthought. Happy to see that's not the case.

Yeah, I heard about that. :mellow:

Not sure if I'm on board with Wonder Woman being portrayed as DC's answer to Thor, but I suppose it further defines her as a force to be reckoned with, albeit with the pacifist roots of the character almost certainly falling by the wayside. Her godlike powers could be depicted really well on film, which should add a dash of spectacular fantasy to what promises to be a dark and gritty movie.