Bellazon

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Cult Icon

I do agree with that but I guess they wanted Greek mythology to play a bigger role, especially because they now have Aquaman too. If he's going to be the son of Poseidon then he and Wonder Woman are going to be related. So maybe that's why they are going with the Zeus thing?  :idk:

^ Greek Mythology played a big role in her origin story before Zeus  :idk:

Making him her dad is just weird for me. Wonder Woman is so much more than that, and she deserves more than that.

It seems more like a cop out to me, but it's simpler to explain. 

but don't mistake my disappointment in this change as hatred for this movie, they are trying to fit so much shit into it. They have to cut corners a little, I just wish it hadn't been Diana's origin :wave:

For me I don't really mind because I love Greek Mythology and Zeus is my favourite; well second fave after Heracles. Her original origin story was always too similar to Pandora from the actual mythology, so that's why the change doesn't bother me as much. 

I'm sure they know what they are doing and I'm really interested for them to release more details in regards to this change. I've always complained they need more Greek Mythology movies and with WW I'm getting a comic movie/Greek Mythology movie. So it's a win/win.  :Angel:

• 3 months later...

DAMN!  :o

No one can call Aquaman lame anymore, that doesn't look like a lame superhero to me. I actually love it! Sure it's quite a change but a good change. Aquaman has been the butt of many jokes for years to the point where a lot of people didn't take him seriously. But now, you can't deny he is a badass. Looking forward to seeing him on the big screen.

• 1 month later...

Here's the first image of Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor. I think I get what they're going for, he'll probably play a blunter and more realistic villain, as opposed to Hackman and Spacey's 'larger than life' approach. Whether it'll work or not, I suppose we'll just have to see.

post-20523-0-1446063650-48688_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A leaked preview with Portuguese subtitles found its way onto the internet last night.

Having watched it a couple of times, I wouldn't be surprised if this project was starting to scare DC and Warners a bit. I can appreciate that it's just a teaser and an unfinished one at that, but there's something very insular and sound-stagey about the set pieces, it feels empty and looks visually flat. Hopefully the atmosphere opens up more in the next clip.

I think the trailer looks absolutely amazing, it makes me so much more excited for the movie than I was. It looks really dark but I love the overall vibe of it, I can't wait to see more footage.

Hmmmmm. I don't know just yet. It's still early but I honestly hated Man of Steel, unlike most though Ben as Batman is the thing that's got me excited for this. So I'll give it a go. Like Michael said, it just looks so green screen. It looks like 300. But the trailer was put together well. I was hoping at least to see a shot of Gal as Wonder Woman.

I think the trailer looks absolutely amazing, it makes me so much more excited for the movie than I was. It looks really dark but I love the overall vibe of it, I can't wait to see more footage.

I agree. Maybe I'm just being biased as Superman and Batman are my number 1 and 2 faves, but I'm going to love this movie.

I suppose my problem is that I strongly associate Superman with brightness, scope and magnitude, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what's in the trailer. The cinematography has a weird, muddy, nightmarish aesthetic to it and the colour palette makes it look muted and almost claustrophobic.

That being said, it’s a mix-up of random images and soundbites from a movie that's another year away from being released, and the finished product could well be completely different from what we've seen so far. I just hope the dark, desaturated tones and metallics aren't the only type of backdrop that we're going to get.

I suppose my problem is that I strongly associate Superman with brightness, scope and magnitude, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what's in the trailer. The cinematography has a weird, muddy, nightmarish aesthetic to it and the colour palette makes it look muted and almost claustrophobic.

That being said, it’s a mix-up of random images and soundbites from a movie that's another year away from being released, and the finished product could well be completely different from what we've seen so far. I just hope the dark, desaturated tones and metallics aren't the only type of backdrop that we're going to get.

That's true the released product could be completely different than what we saw. After a few recent movies had failed for me after their awesome trailers, I tend not to get too excited over trailers now. Though with Batman and Superman being my two favourites, it was a little hard not to be excited. 

Like with everyone complaining that Wonder Woman's outfit was too dark, it isn't. It's coloured quite nicely. I watched a video last night on comicbookmovie.com, where a basketball player was given a tour around Warner Bros Studios (I think it was here) to celebrate 75 years of Batman. We got to see the new Batsuit up close, Superman's outfit and Wonder Woman's outfit - which has the colour, it was the way the photo was altered that made it appear to not have WW's traditional colours. We also got to check out the new Batmobile, which is freaking awesome! I have faith that this movie is going to be good or maybe just strongly hoping it's going to be good. I like the dark and serious tone. I love Reeve's Superman movies, and they fit their time. But I like a darker Superman movie, seeing him as a more serious character. Of all the Superman comics, my boyfriend loves the ones where Superman is serious and not all sunshine and rainbows. And I'm looking forward to seeing the friendship develop between Bruce/Batman and Clark/Superman; like the one they have in the comics.

It's always hard to tell from a trailer, and I never like to judge movies based on their promo materials. I just think you have to play to your characters' strengths, and laying artificial sheen on this thick for the duration of the running time would be a massive hindrance to showcasing Superman and his powers.

I quite liked the Wonder Woman gear when it was first revealed, but it’s remarkable how much better it looks with just that little extra splash of colour. The Supersuit isn’t bad, although it could probably use something distinct to break up all the blue. A bit of red in the centre or around the arms like his ‘New 52’ suit has wouldn't have gone amiss. The Batsuit is a real achievement. It looks like it just stepped straight out of the comics, in a good way. :laugh:

I like the Wonder Woman outfit too and I'm looking forward to seeing how Gal does. I admire her already for everything she's said about people talking crap about her body, mostly her breasts. She's handled everything quite well. That's true, the old red underpants did break all the blue. They could have thrown some more red in. I love the Batsuit too. It's honestly so amazing. When I saw a close up of that my excitement for the movie increased. I really do hope this movie does well.