Bellazon

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Cult Icon

In some ways, you have to tip your hat to them. Just when the widespread disbelief over their most recent casting choice dies down a little, they come back with something even more mind-boggling and further off-base, and make the previous ones look vaguely sensible by comparison. :wacko:

Michael Rosenbaum proved in 'Smallville' that a younger Luthor can be made to work, but in this one it sounds like we'll be getting either a hard-nosed, politicised Eisenberg (who I actually really like in roles where he can do himself justice) or a geeky, passive aggressive dot com billionaire Lex. Both of which sound to me like a recipe for disaster.

To be fair, Jeremy Irons as Alfred is pretty atrocious as well.

• 1 month later...

Further casting updates, though admittedly not as comical as some of the previous ones. ;)

Holly Hunter added to 'Batman Vs Superman' cast

Holly Hunter has joined the cast for Batman Vs Superman, according to reports. Deadline says that Hunter, who has won a clutch of awards throughout her career including an Oscar for her turn in The Piano, has signed up to star in the sequel to Man Of Steel. She is one of three new additions to the superhero mash-up, with 300: Rise Of An Empire's Callan Mulvey and The Wolverine star Tao Okamoto also joining the production.

It was revealed earlier this year that Jeremy Irons will star in the film, while The Social Network actor Jesse Eisenberg has been given the task of playing iconic villain Lex Luthor. Ben Affleck, meanwhile, will play a new incarnation of Batman, and Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman.

It was recently revealed that Batman Vs Superman has been delayed by 10 months and will now open on May 6, 2016 to "allow the filmmakers time to realise fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story". The film was originally slated for a Summer 2015 release.

^ Apparently Callan Mulvey was one of the top choices for Luthor before they decided to go with Jesse. Such a shame because I think he would have been a better pick for the role.

Wonder who Holly will play, perhaps Martha Wayne? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/04/2014 at 7:21 PM, KelAnne_ said:

Wonder who Holly will play, perhaps Martha Wayne?

The rumour is that she'll be playing either Leslie Thompkins, or a similarly-written character. Leslie was a medical doctor who knew Batman's secret identity and who would help him out by tending to his wounds, relaying the word on the street to him, that sort of thing. Supposedly, the other two are going to be playing non-canon characters.

Unknown actor cast as Cyborg in 'Batman Vs Superman'

Little known actor Ray Fisher has been cast in the role of Cyborg in the forthcoming Batman Vs Superman. Best known for his theatre work, Fisher only has one previous screen role on his resume; a small part in 2008 short film The Good, The Bad and The Confused. Since then he has largely focused on stage acting and won acclaim for his portrayal of Muhammad Ali in the stage production Fetch Clay, Make Man. The Hollywood Reporter carries the story that Fisher is in negotiations to play promising footballer turned superhero Victor Stone.

As confirmed earlier this year, Hans Zimmer is set to compose the soundtrack for Batman Vs Superman, which will see Henry Cavill reprise his role as Superman and Ben Affleck step into Bruce Wayne's alter ego. It was recently revealed that Batman Vs Superman has been delayed by 10 months and will now open on May 6, 2016 to "allow the filmmakers time to realise fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story". The film was originally slated for a Summer 2015 release.

Justice League Movie To Be Directed By Zack Snyder

While Man of Steel ended up being one of the most divisive blockbusters of 2013, it's hard to deny its success. Made for $225 million, the film wound up being a great investment for the folks at Warner Bros., as the Superman film wound up making nearly $670 million worldwide. The high grosses were enough to secure director Zack Snyder the job of helming the sequel, a still untitled Batman/Superman vehicle, and now comes news that he has secured the job of directing the Justice League movie as well.

The news comes from The Wall Street Journal, which picked up the hot scoop from none other than Warner Bros. President of Worldwide Production, Greg Silverman. In addition to confirming that Snyder will direct Justice League, the report also adds that a script is being written and that Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot are expected to reprise their roles as Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, respectively. There is no release date currently set, but at this time we shouldn't expect the finished product to be out before 2018 (two years after Batman vs. Superman).

The report also notes that the search is already on for other heroes for an expanded comic book cinematic universe, referencing the casting of theater actor Ray Fisher as Cyborg this past week. The source doesn't have any insight about any other superhero characters we might see eventually join the team, but key Justice League players from the comics include Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and Aqua Man - none of whom have been cast yet.

In addition to all of the Justice League talk, the article also has a small tidbit about the development of a Wonder Woman solo film. Speculation about the potential project began in January when it was revealed that Gal Gadot had signed a three picture deal to play Princess Diana of Themyscira. Judging from WSJ's report, that film - if it happens - won't be until after Justice League. Asked about the potential for a Wonder Woman solo movie, Warner Bros. President of Worldwide Marketing Sue Kroll responded, "That is our hope. With the right script, that could be viable. The world is ready for her."

It seems the Justice League movie is now officially a thing, with Zack Snyder (perhaps subject to the box office performance of BvS in 2016) confirmed to return to the director's chair.

Commence celebrations or gnashing of teeth now...  :hiro:

^ Woohoo! I'm actually excited to see this happen. Will be interesting.  :ddr:

But then again, I have a feeling my heart will sink as more news for this gets released. My excitement levels were through the roof when Batman was announced to appear in Man of Steel 2, then Ben was cast and my heart sank, but I'm okay with the casting now. The casting of Jesse as Lex killed my heart, again, though. Fingers crossed for this JL movie though. 

• 3 weeks later...

First image of Batfleck and the Batmobile has been revealed. Quite like the subtle inlay of the bat symbol on the chest, only thing I'm not keen on (other than the fact that it's Affleck in the suit) is the small cat-like ears.

post-20523-0-1446063644-29318_thumb.jpg

Have to say I am impressed with the suit and Ben (still not 100% keen on him though) doesn't look too bad in it. I agree with your complaint about the ears, most people have the same opinion on them being too small. From closer up pictures I've seen, the Bat symbol looks larger than the one Bale wore in the Nolan trilogy. 

I am digging that first image. We are getting a bruiser Batman, its great. I actually think Ben Affleck is great casting for Batman. He certainly beefed up enough for it. Just fix some of the holes in the script that MoS had, but keep the amazing visuals and this should be an interesting movie. Seriously, it needs to be called World's Finest though.

We now have an official title and logo. Your ire may vary... :laugh:

post-20523-0-1446063645-78825_thumb.jpg

'Batman Vs Superman' title confirmed

The eagerly anticipated Batman v Superman movie will be titled Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice, it has been confirmed.

The film will open in cinemas in 2016 with a post on the official Facebook page yesterday (May 21) confirming the title. Shooting has begun with director Zack Snyder filming at Michigan Motion Picture Studios and on location in and around Detroit, Michigan; Illinois; Africa; and the South Pacific.

Ben Affleck will appear in the film as Batman, while Henry Cavill is set to reprise his role as Superman. Amy Adams will be returning as Lois Lane and fellow Man Of Steel cast members Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne have officially signed up to reprise their roles too. The movie also stars Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, and Holly Hunter in a role newly created for the film.

It was revealed earlier this year that Batman Vs Superman has been delayed by 10 months and will now open on May 6, 2016 to "allow the filmmakers time to realise fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story". The film was originally slated for a Summer 2015 release.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the suit, the logo and the name are on point (Y)

Excited for this, I honestly don't get the hate towards Affleck, was he my #1 choice? Fuck no, but I don't think he is that terrible either. Same for Gal as Wonder Woman :idk:

• 1 month later...