Bellazon

General Discussion

rosada

hey gisele, haven't i seen you on the cover of i-d

Haven’t I seen you on the cover of i-D? Brazilian beauty, Victoria Secret Angel, model mother of two, wife of football hunk Tom Brady, and ultimate #wokeuplikethis beach babe, Gisele Bündchen has got it all. Today it’s her birthday and to celebrate, we have a flick through the family album and dig up 5 of her most iconic covers for i-D. Feliz Aniversário, Gisele!

http://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/read/top5/3735/our-favourite-gisele-covers?utm_source=idtwitter

HOW GISELE SPENDS HER MILLIONS

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/news/how-gisele-bundchen-spends-her-money#slide-1

on Models.com new Legends list :clap:

La Bundchen is more than just a model, she’s a full-fledged business. With top tier campaigns and covers whenever she wants them and record setting series of contracts Gisele remains undoubtedly in demand. Add to this the beauty’s unofficial status as a national ambassador for Brazil, complete with appearances at the World Cup and photoshoots alongside futbol’s biggest stars and you begin to understand her status as a cultural icon. In the world of fashion the name Gisele denotes a professionalism, energy and attitude that is downright infectious - no wonder she was selected as the face of the classic Chanel No. 5 - an honor typically reserved for cinema stars.

http://models.com/rankings/ui/Legends/1544#1544

you're welcome. ^ and hey Maybe Linda's could've been better but at least she gets more credit than Cindy & Stephanie by models.com.... :p (who were just now added! )

Not sure about it but InStyle magazine says Les Beiges is Chanel's best selling makeup line :p

"Bündchen is the face of the brand’s bestselling makeup line Les Beiges"

http://news.instyle.com/2014/05/23/gisele-bndchen-named-the-new-face-of-chanel-no-5/

Cindy's was waaaay past due, something I will never understand.  Much in the way that I don't understand why the mainstream industry hasn't used her significantly for several years, especially in ad campaigns in the U.S. where she is still a household name.  Stephanie...I feel that if Stephanie is going to be included here, then Helena, Amber, Shalom and others should also be on this list.  For me, It's sort of an odd list of models, being that it's about modeling legends, which makes me wonder if it's still a work in progress.  After all, where is Lauren Hutton?  Twiggy?  But I digress.

Back to Gisele, I believe she more than belongs on this list, for the reason that she's purely a model, and a damned good one, and she didn't go the movie route or even become a first lady.  Gisele is a living modeling LEGEND.  Period.  :heart:

yeah overall some major hits and misses ^ Helena definitely got shafted as well. 

Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Which Supermodel Booked the Most Ad Campaigns of Them All?

Earlier this week, Cara Delevingne gave us a glimpse of her most recent endeavor as the new face of Topshop. While this may be her first time modeling for the brand, this is hardly her first major ad campaign this year. If you add these her new gig to the ever-growing list she already has (including Chanel, Balmain and DKNY), you get a total of nine so far in 2014. Think that’s a lot? Check out how she stacks up to other supermodels with major pull in the fashion world.

post-13850-0-1445991364-70462_thumb.jpg

Yes, you read that correctly — Gisele Bündchen has landed 16 gigs already! We aren’t even halfway through the year and this Brazilian beauty has been topless for Stuart Weitzmansang for H&M and“shaved” her head for Balenciaga. (No wonder she reportedly rakes in about $128,000 per day!) We have a feeling the indefatigable model has plenty more in store for us this year.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2014/07/29/cara-delevingne-topshop-model-ad-campaigns/?hootPostID=edb597d92230a5f80e4c4f13675292bc

Erin Heatherton is in Brazil, she talks a little about Gisele

Erin Heatherton opens up about Gisele Bündchen and more!

And she still had time to say how much admires Gisele Bundchen, the highest paid model in the world. "I love Gisele. Last week I was preparing for interviews and had to watch some she's done to inspire me.You know the Beatles? You know when we watch any interview with them? That's how I see Gisele.They stop people, are contagious and Gisele is too! What did she do with her career is admirable, I like this challenge, this positivity, "Erin finished, good people.

http://siterg.terra.com.br/moda/2014/07/30/erin-heatherton-abre-o-jogo-sobre-gisele-bundchen-seu-tour-pelo-nordeste-e-victorias-secret-claro/

Yes, but then again this is coming from Erin H, most people have no idea who she is, and she is way far from being a popular face amongst the general audiences. She doesn't have the star power but when women like Naomi, Cindy and others say it, then it really means something.

And the great thing is that they have. :)

Of course young girls will admire Gisele but when a legendary supermodel confirms Gisele's status, then it's a big deal.

Elle MacPherson Has No Advice For Kendall, Is Most Excited About Gisele

Elle MacPherson was famously dubbed “The Body” in the ’90s. Twenty-five years later, her figure still doesn’t remotely beg for her to pass the torch, but there is one model she has in mind to inherit the title.

“Who do I think has a great athletic, kind of strong body that appeals to my taste? I would say somebody like Gisele Bündchen,” she told HuffPost Live’s Caroline Modarressy-Tehrani. “I like what she represents as a woman.”

http://omahasuntimes.com/2014/08/elle-macpherson-has-no-advice-for-kendall-is-most-excited-about-gisele/

I'm curious to know which fall/winter covers she has coming. Surely there will be at least one to coincide with landing the biggest fragrance gig in the world. Its unlike her to only have 1 Vogue cover in a year, so it makes me think there is something huge/exclusive in store....

There was an interview with Franco Sozzani in today's Wall Street Journal and it mentions that this Fall is Vogue Italia's 50th anniversary, which makes me think that either the September or October issue will be a special edition.  I wouldn't be surprised if Gisele takes part in this! ;)  :woohoo: