Bellazon

The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Infinity War & Endgame (2012-2019)

Ana Beatriz Barros Fan

Boo! :/

Tom Hiddleston Says Loki Won’t Appear in ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’

One of the most popular elements of the Marvel Cinematic Universe thus far has been the delicious evil of Thor’s adopted brother, Loki. As portrayed by English actor Tom Hiddleston, the character wreaked havoc in Thor and The Avengers, and his lust for power (and ill-conceived alliance with Thanos) ultimately served as the device to finally unite Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. However, it’s looking like the god of mischief will play a far less crucial role in the overall scheme of Marvel’s Phase Two. He’ll appear in this fall’s Thor: The Dark World – paying penance for his crimes and possibly seeking some form of redemption – but writer/director Joss Whedon has gone on record saying that Loki will not return in the Avengers sequel. Now that claim looks to be even more official. Entertainment Weekly recently caught up with Hiddleston, who confirmed that Loki will not be part of the action in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Here’s what the actor had to say:

“He’s not in it. Here’s the thing: I don’t think there’s anything else Loki could contribute to ‘The Avengers,’ narratively. Joss gave me so many wonderful things to do in that first film that we’d only be trying to repeat ourselves, and probably less well in the second one.” Given previous reports, the news is not a particularly surprising one. After all, the world of The Avengers is undeniably an ensemble cast, and despite his proven skill for balancing a large number of characters, even Whedon has his limits.

Case in point, Age of Ultron will reportedly see expanded roles for both Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner). Plus, new characters like Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and (of course) the titular villain mean that perhaps cutting Loki from the film is the best way to prevent the story from becoming too bogged down, a point Hiddleston himself is quick to acknowledge. “When I think of all the things I loved as a child, for example, Hans Gruber wasn’t in ‘Die Hard 2.’ And in ‘Indiana Jones,’ by the time he moved from the ‘Lost Ark’ to the ‘Temple of Doom,’ there was a whole new bad guy. I think keeping it fresh and new is good for ‘The Avengers’ even though it’s a shame for me. And let’s face it, there’s seven or eight of them as it is, and Joss is thinking about adding two more, so the screen’s gonna be a busy place. But I had the time of my life on that film. It was the most fun ever.”

Perhaps Loki will confront the Avengers in another film down the line – assuming that his absence in Age of Ultron doesn’t imply that the character’s fate is in jeopardy – but in the meantime, Hiddleston is looking forward to continuing his character’s arc in the upcoming Thor sequel. “Oh, I’ve got plenty to do in ‘Thor [2],’ believe me. A lot of new stuff. It’s a new iteration of the character. It’s a new development. Another trick, another poker game for the god of mischief. And he plays it well.”

• 2 weeks later...

James Spader now on board as (presumably the voice of) Ultron. I approve, as long as he doesn't try to spank Widow. ;)

Interesting that they haven't really confirmed exactly which Avengers will be used in this yet. I assume it's virtually a certainty that Captain America and Thor will show up at some point, but the official cast list only mentions Downey and Ruffalo, while Whedon has only said that Widow and Hawkeye will be returning, which of course guarantees Scarjo and Renner's involvement. I suppose a lot could depend on how 'Dark World' and 'Winter Soldier' end. :unsure:

There you go, my imaginary husband confirmed he'll be in The Avengers 2 while responding about doing another Snow White movie

"If there's a hunger for another one. I had a great time making the film. I'm not sure what they plan on doing. I'm kind of booked up in Avengers [2], we do Avengers next year and that kind of takes up most of the year. And then press for Thor [2] this year and it just depends when we can squeeze it in. It's getting kind of narrower and narrower." 

I don't think any of the originals other than Loki will be getting cut TBH, if anything Hulk is the one who I can see not making it to this one but Thor & CA I'm pretty sure will be back

Before Whedon's confirmation of Renner's involvement, I actually had Hawkeye down as the character most at risk of not making the cut, simply because he was so unlike the Hawkeye of the comics. It's understandable that they wanted to change his costume for the movies (the purple Robin Hood get-up with the mask and everything would have looked rather silly on film), but his character was little more than a generic soldier with a bow and arrow. Since they've decided to use him again for this next one, I hope they find space within the running time to make him less of a blank canvas.

There you go, my imaginary husband confirmed he'll be in The Avengers 2 while responding about doing another Snow White movie

"If there's a hunger for another one. I had a great time making the film. I'm not sure what they plan on doing. I'm kind of booked up in Avengers [2], we do Avengers next year and that kind of takes up most of the year. And then press for Thor [2] this year and it just depends when we can squeeze it in. It's getting kind of narrower and narrower." 

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Gwyneth Paltrow 'unlikely' to return in 'The Avengers: Age Of Ultron'

Gwyneth Paltrow has confirmed that no one from the camp of The Avengers 2 has contacted her about reprising her role as Pepper Potts yet.

News about the sequel to the 2012 smash hit superhero flick has been swirling the net lately. One of the most talked about bit was James Spader being casted as lead villain Ultron in part two. However, while more names are being added to the list of cast in The Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron, one name might be missing as the credits roll: Gwyneth Paltrow.

According to the star, director James Whedon nor any of his staff or people from Walt Disney Studios has contacted her about doing the film. "I don't think so, nobody has asked me," Paltrow told HitFlix in an interview. The star was totally oblivious of the goings on of the movie that she didn't even know that the sequel was called "Age of Ultron", even asking "What is it called?"

She added, "Well, no, I don't think so. I haven't heard anything. My phone has not rung for Avengers 2." Gwyneth originally played the role of Pepper Potts in the film series Iron Man, across Robert Downey Jr. who plays the superhero. Potts is the love interest of Iron Man/ Tony Stark, and was part of the first Avengers movie ensemble.

In a short talk with E! Online at the Toronto Film Festival premiere of her new film Thanks for Sharing, the 39-year-old actress also said that doing Avengers 2 is unlikely. "I don't know," she told the entertainment news website. "I'm getting old for this s--t, you know what I mean?"

The Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron is set to be released in 2015. And if Paltrow is not returning in the movie, this will be the first time that ladies' man Tony Stark will be without a lady in an Iron Man film.

Too old? The 64-year-old Samuel L. Jackson and the 48-year-old Robert Downey may disagree. I%20dont%20know.gif

Elizabeth Olsen Joins The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Samuel L. Jackson today confirmed that Elizabeth Olsen has joined the cast of The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Speaking to the Wall Street Journal, the star – who plays Nick Fury in the Marvel movies – said “I know we’re shooting in London, that James Spader is Ultron and going to be the bad guy, and that we added Ms Olsen, but I don’t know what she’s doing, if she’s on the inside or the outside. I haven’t seen a script.” Olsen was previously in talks to play Scarlet Witch in the movie, so it now looks like that’s a done deal.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron his screens worldwide in the summer of 2015.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/10/2013 at 2:08 AM, RafSecret said:

^ Completely wrong choice for Scarlett Witch. :/

Respectfully disagree on that, Elizabeth closely resembles the way Wanda usually looks in the comics, and was phenomenal in 'Martha Marcy May Marlene'. I think she's a far better choice than Saoirse Ronan, who was previously thought to be the front runner. :yes:

post-20523-0-1446182399-59857_thumb.jpg

^ Watch Captain America 2 & Thor 2 in April so you'll have just a year of wait :laugh:

I don't like Elisabeth Olsen either to be honest, I don't think she fits with the rest of the cast at all but oh well, nothing's perfect

Nice to hear Renner's returning, although Hawkeye doesn't do much for me, he's kind of a character that's just there in my view (maybe I'm too distracted by Chris Evans in spandex to appreciate everyone else)

I think Phoebe Tonkin, Camilla Belle, Milla Jovovich would have been more appropriate choices since I believe they can both capture the fragile side of Wanda, as well as the strong and bold side, Elizabeth only can embody the fragile side, she just doesn't have enough edge. Another thing that also bothers me with the casting for her is that it's rumoured that instead of being Romani/Jewish, Wanda will be British and I think that's another example of the white-washing in the Hollywood industry , particularly because Wanda is one of the main girls out of the Avengers comics, it's ignorant for Whedon to fit Hollywood standards.  :/

Aaron is a good actor, that is for certain, but he doesn't resemble enough of Pietro's characteristics, I could be wrong though since he might exceed my expectations (which aren't very high), but Aaron's too fragile for Pietro aswell, a lot of people including myself wanted Tom Felton for the role, he's got the bleach blonde hair already, has had plenty of experience of being both the nice guy in movies and in the other majority the asshole character (which is kind of like Pietro, considering he's bipolar henceforth this break downs in the comics). Also Paul Wesley I think would have been a suitable option, he resembles Pietro a lot :)

I get where you’re coming from on that, but they’d never be able to find an actress to match Scarlet Witch’s physical appearance. Even by comic book standards, she was drawn in an exaggerated way that few on earth would be able to visually represent. 

^Ah, for a film world populated by buxom scantily-clad glamour models... Wait a sec - isn't that what B-movies are?!  :p

Another thing that also bothers me with the casting for her is that it's rumoured that instead of being Romani/Jewish, Wanda will be British and I think that's another example of the white-washing in the Hollywood industry , particularly because Wanda is one of the main girls out of the Avengers comics, it's ignorant for Whedon to fit Hollywood standards.  :/

^She can still be Romani/Jewish and British - they aren't mutually exclusive. Plus, if you read the British tabloids you'd be convinced the place is being overrun with gypsies anyway!

Aaron is a good actor, that is for certain, but he doesn't resemble enough of Pietro's characteristics, I could be wrong though since he might exceed my expectations (which aren't very high), but Aaron's too fragile for Pietro aswell, a lot of people including myself wanted Tom Felton for the role, he's got the bleach blonde hair already, has had plenty of experience of being both the nice guy in movies and in the other majority the asshole character (which is kind of like Pietro, considering he's bipolar henceforth this break downs in the comics). Also Paul Wesley I think would have been a suitable option, he resembles Pietro a lot :)

^Isn't Pietro's hair silver anyway, hence the nickname? For me it's a shame Evan Peters isn't in this instead of the next  X-Men movie, where I suspect he'll get far less screen-time than he'd probably get here. He can alternate from feeling sympathetic towards to being a dick pretty convincingly from what I've seen of him in American Horror Story.  (Y)

Another thing that also bothers me with the casting for her is that it's rumoured that instead of being Romani/Jewish, Wanda will be British and I think that's another example of the white-washing in the Hollywood industry , particularly because Wanda is one of the main girls out of the Avengers comics, it's ignorant for Whedon to fit Hollywood standards.  :/

^She can still be Romani/Jewish and British - they aren't mutually exclusive. Plus, if you read the British tabloids you'd be convinced the place is being overrun with gypsies anyway!

I love me the Dailymail, plenty of well written articles  :p  But from the rumours that I have heard they're making her fully English, they could potentially make her of Romani/Jewish background but then again we still don't know what they'll do with Wanda either. They've already done quite a few alterations to the comics (i.e. Stark creating Ultron, Pym not being a founding Avenger) so I don't want them to go overboard on reforming the characters. :)

Isn't Pietro's hair silver anyway, hence the nickname? For me it's a shame Evan Peters isn't in this instead of the next  X-Men movie, where I suspect he'll get far less screen-time than he'd probably get here. He can alternate from feeling sympathetic towards to being a dick pretty convincingly from what I've seen of him in American Horror Story.  (Y)

I'm going to get irritated by the differences between characters, I hate it when two people are cast for the same roles, especially since the movies are a year apart it's going to confuse some people. Considering the huge X-Men cast Peters is probably only going to get a few lines and just be there hopefully bonding with Magneto and being a dick, oh like father like son. However I can understand their reasoning for the differences since they both have different studios and different distributors for each of the movies. Next thing you know the Fantastic Four reboot will include someone like Crystal who was Human Torch's girlfriend for sometime (played by Chris Evans), and then they'll include her in the 3rd sequel as Quicksilver's wife whilst Chris Evans plays Captain America.  :woohoo:

• 1 month later...

Don Cheadle Says War Machine Will Appear in ‘Avengers 2′

We knew that the original team of Avengers would return for ‘Avengers 2‘ plus the new additions of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. But, now we’ve learned that another character from the Marvel universe will make an appearance in the upcoming sequel. Don Cheadle will join the ‘Avengers 2′ cast, bringing Colonel James Rhodes/War Machine to the fight against Ultron.

USA Today confirmed that Cheadle, a Golden Globe nominee today for his role in Showtime’s ‘House of Lies,’ “has a part to film” in ‘Avengers 2′ while he prepares for his directorial debut, the untitled Miles Davis biopic. How large his part is remains to be seen, as is whether Cheadle will appear in the film as just Rhodey, or if his superhero alter ego War Machine will also play a part. Director Joss Whedon previously said he was “about to add a few more” superheroes to ‘Avengers 2′ and War Machine certainly would fit that bill.

What the news also may hint at, is the long-held rumor that Tony Stark is the creator of Ultron in the film. If Rhodey appears, it could be because he’s helping Stark improve the Iron Man technology.

We don’t expect Rhodey to become a full-fledged member of The Avengers just yet, but it’s nice that they’re using some of the supporting characters from the other Marvel films to tie everything together (Gwyneth Paltrow and Tom Hiddleston have previously said they won’t be returning for ‘Avengers 2′). What we’re worried about is Whedon’s penchant for killing off characters. Many have speculated that a superhero would die in this film and Rhodey, whose appearances in the ‘Iron Man’ films seem to have come to a close, could be a prime candidate.

Somewhat neutral on this, as I never really liked Cheadle's take on the character as much as Terrence Howard's in the first Iron Man movie. That being said, I suppose it would be something of a plot hole if America was attacked, and the military (with War Machine/Iron Patriot at their disposal) didn't respond. :unsure: