Bellazon

The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Infinity War & Endgame (2012-2019)

Ana Beatriz Barros Fan

Way to ruin what could have been a really lovely little surprise cameo, Idris. :persuazn:

Anyway, my money is on Wanda showing Thor a vision of Loki on the throne instead of Odin, most likely as one of the credits scenes. Presumably, since it's a lot closer in terms of release date, 'Ant-Man' takes the other slot.

Hayley Atwell now confirmed, not only for 'Ultron' but for 'Ant-Man' too. Peggy all over the MCU in 2015. make%20it%20clap.gif

Agent Carter's Hayley Atwell to feature in Marvel's Ant-Man movie

Hayley Atwell will feature in Ant-Man. The actress has been confirmed for an appearance in the Marvel Studios film. According to a casting call posted by Project Casting, a stand-in is being sought for the Agent Carter star.

Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly will star in the Peyton Reed-directed film. Atwell will be reprising her role as Peggy Carter in the eponymous television show from early 2015. She starred in Captain America: The First Avenger and the Agent Carter One-Shot, and appeared as an older Carter in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Ant-Man will open on July 17, 2015 in the UK and the US.

Way to ruin what could have been a really lovely little surprise cameo, Idris. :persuazn:

Anyway, my money is on Wanda showing Thor a vision of Loki on the throne instead of Odin, most likely as one of the credits scenes. Presumably, since it's a lot closer in terms of release date, 'Ant-Man' takes the other slot.

You should have seen the whole interview, he sounds like such a douchebag/ungrateful person. After what he said I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel replaces him 

You should have seen the whole interview, he sounds like such a douchebag/ungrateful person. After what he said I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel replaces him

I'd probably err on the side of giving Elba the benefit of the doubt on that part, although there's no question that he chose his words rather poorly. It seemed like his intention was more to emphasise how much he was affected by playing Nelson Mandela (and how he couldn't shake it off afterwards) than to complain about being in 'Thor'.

Still, for what it's worth, being suspended from a harness and acting out a scene where you single-handedly take down a spaceship sounds like bloody excellent fun to me. :laugh:

^ IKR? You were just playing Mandela and doing a drama movie, probably a very hard work. You should be thankful the next day you got to be suspended from a harness and chill :rofl:

Also I still think he is a douchebag, the way he explained how he picks the movies he does made me think that, not just what he said about being in Thor.

More casting news for 'Captain America 3'. Perhaps Niki Lauda will get his revenge on James Hunt after all. :laugh:

'Captain America: Civil War' casts Daniel Brühl as villain

German actor joins Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr in the superhero sequel

Daniel Brühl has been cast in the forthcoming third Captain America film. Marvel has yet to specify Brühl's role in the superhero sequel, but Deadline reports that the German actor, best known for his appearances in Rush and Inglourious Basterds, will play the main villain. Announcing Brühl's casting in a press release, producer Kevin Feige said: "With Daniel's ability to deliver intense, nuanced performances, we knew we had found yet another great actor to share the screen with some of our biggest heroes."

Titled Captain America: Civil War, the film will mark Chris Evans' third standalone outing as the title character. He'll be joined by Robert Downey Jr, who will reprise his much-loved role as Iron Man, and Chadwick Boseman - the star of this year's James Brown biopic Get On Up - as another iconic suphero, Black Panther.

Shooting on Captain America: Civil War is due to start next April for a release date of May 6, 2016. Anthony and Joe Russo are returning as directors having also helmed the second film in the franchise, last year's Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

It seems Marvel has yet to confirm who Brühl will be playing, but Baron Zemo springs to mind as an obvious possibility. Aside from the Red Skull, Zemo has long been Captain America's greatest enemy. It would be almost unthinkable for him not to show up in the MCU at some point, and Daniel has more than enough talent to bring the part to life. :yes:

It seems Marvel has yet to confirm who Brühl will be playing, but Baron Zemo springs to mind as an obvious possibility. Aside from the Red Skull, Zemo has long been Captain America's greatest enemy. It would be almost unthinkable for him not to show up in the MCU at some point, and Daniel has more than enough talent to bring the part to life. :yes:

My boyfriend said the exact same thing when he heard the news. Many others seem to believe he's playing Zemo, so there is a good chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Cucumberpatch officially on board. :hehe:

Benedict Cumberbatch to star in Marvel's 'Doctor Strange'

Marvel shared the news on its official website last night (December 4), also confirming that Scott Derrickson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Deliver Us From Evil) will direct the film from a script by John Spaihts (Prometheus).

Producer Kevin Feige said of Cumberbatch's casting: "Stephen Strange's story requires an actor capable of great depth and sincerity. In 2016, Benedict will show audiences what makes Doctor Strange such a unique and compelling character."

Neurosurgeon-turned-superhero Doctor Strange made his Marvel Comics debut in 1963. The film will follow Cumberbatch's Stephen Strange as he delves into hidden worlds of magic and alternate dimensions after suffering a horrific car crash.

Doctor Strange is set for release in cinemas on November 4, 2016. Cumberbatch is currently being tipped for an Oscar nomination for his performance as World War II codebreaker Alan Turing in The Imitation Game, which opened in cinemas in October.

I'd probably err on the side of giving Elba the benefit of the doubt on that part, although there's no question that he chose his words rather poorly. It seemed like his intention was more to emphasise how much he was affected by playing Nelson Mandela (and how he couldn't shake it off afterwards) than to complain about being in 'Thor'.

Still, for what it's worth, being suspended from a harness and acting out a scene where you single-handedly take down a spaceship sounds like bloody excellent fun to me. :laugh:

Elba has finally spoken about this, and how people believed he wanted out of his Marvel contract because of what he said.

"I don’t know where people got that, man," responded Idris Elba. "I was quite specifically talking about the comparison between playing Heimdall on one day, and playing Mandela on the next. That’s sloppy journalism, or just really bad misquoting. I have a great relationship with the Marvel team, and the character of Heimdall. People are really running with this thing like, 'Oh my God, he doesn’t want to be with Marvel anymore.' People thinking that comparing those roles means I don’t want to be with Marvel, well, that’s crazy."