Bellazon

The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Infinity War & Endgame (2012-2019)

Ana Beatriz Barros Fan

That retrospective was great. Nice to see them acknowledge the Incredible Hulk existing. I really liked that movie. I can't wait to see Starlord and Stark have a quip off in Avengers 3. It must happen. Eight months to Age of Ultron! I wonder if it will beat Avatar at the box office.

• 4 weeks later...

That retrospective was great. Nice to see them acknowledge the Incredible Hulk existing. I really liked that movie.

I was a bit surprised they did that, actually. I've come to think of the Hulk movie as a minor mis-step in the Avengers saga. Not that it was bad by any means, it just lacked some of the playfulness that seems to have become Marvel's defining characteristic in recent years.

• 1 month later...

Looks excellent. :chicken: Who knows, if they'd had all the time they were hoping for to put it together, it may have looked even better. Although I did like how the Marvel Twitter feed blamed the leak on Hydra. :laugh:

That Pinocchio music was so fabulously creepy, Disney's acquisition of Marvel has justified itself already. :o

It's been suggested that Whedon intends this to be his "Empire strikes back", which means it will likely be much darker than the first Avengers flick, and will almost certainly end on a rather sad/dramatic note.

I hope it still has enough humor and moments of levity, as those were the things that made Whedon's first movie stand out from the other superhero fodder.

I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll be able to go darker without making it excessively bleak. Whedon of course has a history of steering his projects in some pretty grim directions, but he has Kevin Feige looking over his shoulder for this one, with an eye on appealing to a younger audience and keeping a billion-dollar franchise intact.

On a side note, I finally figured out who Quicksilver reminds me of - Ryan Gosling in 'The Place Beyond the Pines'. :laugh:

Benedict Cumberbatch Marvel's latest superhero

After months of speculation, Marvel has reportedly found its Doctor Strange.

Benedict Cumberbatch is in final talks to play the star role in the studio's latest superhero film, according to Deadline and other publications.

Some of Hollywood's biggest names have been linked to the Scott Derrickson-directed flick in recent months, including Joaquin Phoenix, Jared Leto, Tom Hardy and Ryan Gosling.

Phoenix had reportedly reached the negotiation stage to play the powerful neurosurgeon-turned-Sorcerer Supreme, until talks fell through earlier this month.

Cumberbatch, who The Hollywood Reporter says had been an early contender for the role, then came back in the running.

If true, the 38-year-old Sherlock and Star Trek Into Darkness star will play the primary protector of Earth against magical and mystical threats in the upcoming movie, slated for release in 2016.

The character of Doctor Strangewas first hatched by Marvel Comics veterans Stan Lee and Steve Ditko in 1963.

In the comic books, Strange teams up with Thor, the Avengers, Spider-Man, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four to fight enemies.

Marvel has already teased him in several films, including Thor andCaptain America: The Winter Soldier, fuelling speculation he'll appear in future Avengers sequels.

Cumberbatch's geek-friendly casting has set Twitter alight, with some users cracking jokes and others expressing their excitement.

Veteran comic book writer J.M. DeMatteis described it as a perfect casting.

"This may be the best comics-to-screen casting since Robert Downey as Iron Man," he posted.

Meanwhile, some wondered whether another franchise was the right move for the acclaimed actor.

"Just remember, for each Marvel movie Benedict Cumberbatch is in, we will lose 3 or 4 quality Benedict Cumberbatch performances," one wrote.

Cumberbatch's schedule, which includes the BBC's Sherlock Holmes series and theatre productions, will reportedly dictate the success of the deal.

He will next be seen in The Imitation Game and voices characters in The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, The Penguins of Madagascar and Warner Bros' The Jungle Book.

- AAP

Despite the fact it isn't directly linked to AOU, there's been a lot of hints to Dr Strange in the movies, and if Cumberbatch gets the role he'll certainly play a big role in Marvel movies considering the importance and popularity of the character to Marvel.

Thinking about it now, I would have expected Black Panther to be higher on Marvel's to-do list than Strange. Can't go wrong with the Cumberbatch though, hot commercial property and a bloody excellent actor.

The spin-off potential will be practically limitless too - I await 'Doctor Strange vs. Iron Man: Battle of the Sherlocks' and 'Doctor Strange vs. Loki: Tumblr Explodes' with bated breath. :laugh:

^ Looks like Marvel heard you!

Marvel Studios held a special forum in Los Angeles’ El Capitan Theatre this afternoon (October 28) to wow press and fans with exciting news.

Studio president Kevin Feige hopped on the stage to chat about the company’s Phase Three, which will bring a number of highly anticipated film releases.

Among the lineup are flicks including “Captain America: Civil War” on May 6, 2016, which will star Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr “Doctor Strange” will officially hit the big screen on November 4, 2016, but Feige remained quiet on rumors regarding Benedict Cumberbatch’s role. If it were confirmed, we would have announced it today,” he said.

In addition, “Black Panther” is set to make its debut and will star Chadwick Boseman. It is slated to hit theaters on July 6, 2016. Finally, the “Avengers” will make its third comeback with “Infinity War – Part 1 and Part 2” in May 2018 and May 2019.

Check out the full list of Marvel releases below!

“Captain America: Civil War” – May 6, 2016

“Doctor Strange” – November 4, 2016

“Guardians of the Galaxy 2” – May 5, 2017

“Thor: Ragnorak” – July 28, 2017

“Black Panther” – November 3, 2017

“Captain Marvel” – July 6, 2018

“Inhumans” – November 2, 2018

“Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1” – May 4, 2018

“Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2” – May 3, 2019

Avengers Infinity Wars looks so good  :chicken:  :chicken: