Bellazon

Watching right now

Lolita

the People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story

I can't believe this asshole get away with murder

:angry: I had no Idea who was Simpson in 1995 but I know he killed them.

Johnnie Cochran was a big shit of a lawyer and human being. Perfect match with Simpson.

I don't get Cuba gooding JR as OJ? Not even a slightly resemblanceĀ  :dontgetit:

Anyway, good show. The real story was a circus apparently?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

5 minutes ago, frenchkiki said:

the People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story

I can't believe this asshole get away with murder

:angry: I had no Idea who was Simpson in 1995 but I know he killed them.

Johnnie Cochran was a big shit of a lawyer and human being. Perfect match with Simpson.

I don't get Cuba gooding JR as OJ? Not even a slightly resemblanceĀ  :dontgetit:

Anyway, good show. The real story was a circus apparently?

Ā 

The Lawyer was successful in shifting the focus of the trial away from the murder and towards the corruption of the police force. Ā Worse, interest groups hanged onto the trial once it became big and prolonged. Ā It became a media drama that was strongly tinged by race relations. Ā It was one of the things I remember from the 1990s. Ā The trial was on TV for a long time. Ā OJ is in jail now though.

Ā 

The bizarre thing about the trial is how the blacks tended to support OJ and the whites tended to support the other side.

Murder in the first S3 : not their best season. I didn't like the romance between the main protagonists, this kind of relashionships have been done to death already. The police investigation was unfocused and all over the place with the million suspects, indictments and drops of charges or arrests for things that had nothing to do with the main investigation. And the resolution of the crime was way to convinient (a recording, really ?). Oddly enough, I found the side plot with the DA charged with DUI more interesting.

On 9/9/2016 at 2:28 PM, Michael* said:

Ā 

I don't mind watching a kid's programme if it's entertaining. A good story is a good story, regardless of the presentation. :hehe:

Ā 

I guess, but kid shows have their limitations, namely a lack of a serial element.

Ā 

Blindspot S2

Ā