Thumbnail

2324lebron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hunger TV Interview

post-46718-0-14096500-1437508819_thumb.gpost-46718-0-20074900-1437508825_thumb.g

Meet the Model: Megan Williams

Published on 21 July 2015  

words Alice Casely-Hayford

Following in the footsteps of fellow blonde bombshells Claudia Schiffer, Anna Nicole Smith, Eva Herzigova, Kate Upton and Gigi Hadid, Storm model Megan Williams is in incredibly gorgeous company amongst the Guess girls who have starred in the iconic campaigns over the years. As a face for the brand since 2013, Williams has modelled Guess fragrances, denim and accessories as well as working for Victoria’s Secret.

We caught up with the British beauty to talk about shooting her seventh Guess campaign, missing her mum’s cooking and staying in shape.

If you weren't a model what would you be doing otherwise?

Studying psychology for sure. I applied to study and deferred a place for two years after I finished school. But I would love to study again one day, psychology was and still is something I’m so interested in.

You are constantly on the go for work. Where's the most impressive place you've visited recently?

Last year I shot a Guess campaign in Tokyo! That was amazing such an interesting city on top of that I love sushi! I hope to go back and explore it more for a holiday one day.

Who are the most inspiring or interesting people you’ve met so far in the industry?

Paul Marciano has been a great inspiration to me personally asI have been working with Guess since I was 18. He has always advised me to stay exactly how I am and not change with the many pressures in the industry. But I meet so many diverse and interesting people everyday, I am always inspired and learning.

What's been your best shoot or job and what would be your dream modelling job?

My new Guess campaign I recently shot has to be one of my favourite shoots to date I love the images. And shooting Guess has already fulfilled one of my dream jobs! Also shooting more for Victoria’s Secrets and featuring in Sports Illustrated is a dream goal of mine.

When you get back home what's the first thing you do?

When I’m back home to my mum all I want is her home cooking! That’s something I miss a lot when I’m travelling.

Has working in the fashion industry changed the way you dress and your approach to style?

Yeah it has taught me not to be afraid to wear exactly what you like and feel comfortable in, it used to take me ages to get ready now I just put on whatever I feel at that moment! Also that designer bags are a very good investment haha! I have an obsession.

What are you listening to at the moment?

I’m feeling a little bit hip hop right now and listening to Trap Queen by Fetty Wap.

How do you stay in shape?

While living in New York I really got into Pilates. Especially a form called SLT which I find so hard but you see results!

Can you tell us a secret?

It wouldn’t be a secret if I did :)

Follow Megan on Instagram @MeganMayW

http://www.hungertv.com/feature/meet-the-model-megan-williams/