Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

i dont think hanna have chances just for just a little more pr ,genieveve have done almost the same and emily d a little... the cover is for kate upton dont lie to yourself guys lol

Sadly i agree for Kate too ... i LOVE Kate but for this year, i think a multiple cover with on a different model of the new lineup will be nice also ...

Kate got the cover in her 2nd year so that doesn't mean anything. Hannah is still the only confirmed girl, sure some girls have sliped out but Hannah is the one walking away with all the press right now and she's doing all the SB stuff too. Chrissy & Nina are doing the DirecTv thing today too with Hannah but other than that SI is not really pushing anyone.

I do think the cover will most likeky be Kate but if not Kate, i think Hannah is one of the few girls with real possibilities maybe along Nina, Chrissy & Anne.

if i were placing bets, i'd say the cover is between YAKUC or emily ratajkowski.  i'm not sure anyone else has more than about a 5% chance.

and for those thinking hannah or genevieve or whoever else, remember alyssa miller was their promo girl NYBillboard_V_14feb12_pr_b_240x360.jpg

It's not absurd that there is a likelihood of Kate getting the cover again, for one she's become a massive star, and we have to remind ourselves it's the 50th anniversary issue, so that's a big thing, you obviously would want someone that's achieved a lot of press and could sell like mad. 

Is there any possibility of there being one or more girls on the cover this year? 

It's not absurd that there is a likelihood of Kate getting the cover again, for one she's become a massive star, and we have to remind ourselves it's the 50th anniversary issue, so that's a big thing, you obviously would want someone that's achieved a lot of press and could sell like mad. 

Is there any possibility of there being one or more girls on the cover this year? 

i totally forgot about that for the 50th issue I'd say they would want a all American woman on the cover. No disrespect to the non-Americans but this is huge it needs to be guaranteed to sell like crazy as you said.

i totally forgot about that for the 50th issue I'd say they would want a all American woman on the cover. No disrespect to the non-Americans but this is huge it needs to be guaranteed to sell like crazy as you said.

Definitely. I can't think of any model in the past 10 years who ticks as many boxes as Kate does. Sporty, all-American, likable and approachable, dating an athlete. On top of that, I don't see why they'd pass up the opportunity to christen her with the same honours they've given their other top models (ie, three consecutive covers; in fact, I'd look for her to get the 2015 cover, too). I mean, she's already as big or bigger than models like Christie Brinkley... why give it to them but not their new star? Would almost seem suspicious. 

What will be interesting to see is how SI (and everyone) adjusts when print magazines are obsolete in less than 10 years and the idea of a "cover" no longer makes any sense. This is especially true for mags like SI, whose target demographic cares less and less about who gets the cover because they can just DL the pics. Even now, with the publicity spike of a famous girl like Kate, the idea of a cover reveal seems increasingly tired and glossed over on the more "bro-centric" corners of the web. They don't seem to care that Kate's on the cover, they mostly care that there's new content of Kate Upton.