Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

Probably because the 'better' girls are more famous/known names and they (or their agents) don't want to get word out in case they get rejected by SI.

Like i said, I have the feeling that none (or most) of the girls they are showing won't make it to the magazine. They're just teasing us, if someone makes it out of the bunch it will probably be Bregje because she's the most familiar face and MJ doesn't seem to go for completely unknowns or at least that's the feeling i got from the lineup she pulled for 2013 :idk:

Probably because the 'better' girls are more famous/known names and they (or their agents) don't want to get word out in case they get rejected by SI.

Like i said, I have the feeling that none (or most) of the girls they are showing won't make it to the magazine. They're just teasing us, if someone makes it out of the bunch it will probably be Bregje because she's the most familiar face and MJ doesn't seem to go for completely unknowns or at least that's the feeling i got from the lineup she pulled for 2013 :idk:

Right. This is the same thing the VS team does with their casting videos.

Exactly, they show probably 15-20 girls in those videos but only 2 or 3 girls make it. Mystery is part of the fun, specially with SI they've always been pretty strict about keeping the Rookies as anonymous as possible

well, clearly they're not going to be anonymous anymore if they're posting pics of the casting. before, SI swim never had a daily obligation to provide website content. i expect we'll see somewhere around 20-40 casting calls for maybe, what, 6 rookie spots in the issue?

SI has over 100 models to post shit about every single day for a year, SI Editors have mentioned several times that they see over 100 models every year. They're probably showing just the girls that agreed to be on SwimDaily regardless of the results of the casting. I doubt Barbara Palvin, Catherine McNeil, Joan Smalls or someone with a name and ego big enough would agree to do so with the risk of being rejected by the magazine. A lot of girls keep quiet about big castings (like VS or SI) just so they don't have to deal with people knowing they got a No for answer.

As for Emily, hell no ... Do NOT want, nice body but the face, just :no:

SI has over 100 models to post shit about every single day for a year, SI Editors have mentioned several times that they see over 100 models every year. They're probably showing just the girls that agreed to be on SwimDaily regardless of the results of the casting.

As for Emily, hell no ... Do NOT want, nice body but the face, just :no:

SI started tweeting pics from the 2013 shoot around mid-may 2012. if they're on a similar schedule, they've only got about 6-7 weeks before shooting for 2014. so they'll have to pick rookies soon.

just going by the casting calls they've had on swimdaily, they've interviewed 6 girls over 15 days. at that rate, they'll have another 20 or so over the next 6-7 weeks. their pace might pick up soon, but i still say 30-40 interviews is more accurate than "hundreds". (i'd imagine they look through agency books with hundreds of girls, though, so that's probably what they're referring to in the media)

maybe you're right that some girls don't want it known that they interviewed if they don't get the job, but i really doubt that 60-90% of their casting calls are not posted on the website. then again i guess we'll see. if the 2014 issue contains several rookies who didn't show up on swimdaily casting calls, you'll be proven right.

For newbies: Shanina Shaik, Marie-Ange Casta, Emanuela De Paula, Dioni Tabbers, and perhaps Barbara Palvin and Sara Sampaio.

To return: My girl Michelle Vawer, Emily Didonato, Kate Upton, and Nina Agdal, I would say Cintia but she doesn't seemed to be that into SI like that anymore and it shows with her recent pictures/interviews with them I also HATE the way the photoshop/air brush her.

^ I (sadly) doubt Michelle will ever be back, as far as i remember the only model who did SI for one year, took a break and then came back was Ariel Meredith. I'm still waiting for Jeisa Chiminazzo or Kim Cloutier to be back but I lost all hope already.

Fingers crossed for Xenia, I'd love to see her doing SI. Specially because the girls from SwimDaily aren't exciting so far.

My girl Dayana Mendoza went to castings

Casting Call: Dayana Mendoza

Dayana Mendoza, Miss Universe 2008, on her love of bras, yoga and Henry Cavill

CASTING

BY ALYSSA CONROY

dayana.jpg?w=673&h=507

SI Swimsuit 2014 is many months away, but as you can see by our sneak-peaks, casting has already begun. Next up is Dayana Mendoza, who recently visited the Swimsuit offices and filled out our SwimDaily Q&A. You may recognize her from a little pageant, otherwise known as Miss Universe!!!! That’s right, Dayana was crowned Miss Universe in 2008. Since then, she has been on “Celebrity Apprentice” and has appeared in campaigns for L’Oreal, Old Navy , and Andrew Marc.

Name: Dayana Mendoza

Hometown: Venezuela

Item I can’t leave home without: Cell phone

When I go out I love wearing: Perfume

Favorite sport to watch: Soccer

First thing I notice about a guy: His hands

First thing guys notice about me: My smile

I feel sexiest: After a shower in my underwear

Celebrity you would choose to do a kissing scene with: Henry Cavill

Biggest fear: Death

Items on my bucket list: Visit the pyramids in Egypt, skydive, move my parents out of Venezuela

Best place I’ve gone for a shoot: Indonesia

Ideal swimsuit shoot would be in: Los Roques, Venezuela

Favorite Workout Regimen: Cardio, Yoga, and Pilates

Song I’m currently loving: Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men

My random skill: Photography

Signature scent: Prada Infusion d’Iris

My favorite clothing item: My bras

There are so many reasons why i hope/pray she gets it: She's from my country, she's beautiful, she's smart, she's awesome, her agent is awesome, she loves Henry Cavill too :heart: ... I do think she's more fitted for something like Katherine Webb than to a 'Rookie' spot but i just hope she makes it. Once the shooting starts I'll try to ask Chris if she made it or not