Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wijnboerinnetje

Interstellar (2014)

33 posts in this topic

Trailer #3 is here. :)

I read the leaked screenplay for this and, even if it's been edited majorly since then, I anticipate this film being weird as hell. Not in an avant garde sort of way, but just in a Nolan way, and will probably spawn even more online explanatory charts than Inception did.

Was there a new leaked screenplay?  The screenplay was leaked before the trailers came out but I've heard that they changed quite a few things.

The beginning was quite typical and boring (first 45 min), then it became exciting, but sometimes sad. Very long movie but the time went fast, so I guess this means too that I liked it. The music, some scenes and some actors were spectacular. And I loved the end of it. I almost cried too sometimes :p. So it was great actually. 

Christopher Nolan knows how to make an amazing film. Both story wise and visually. Acting was top notch. Jessica Chastain and Anne Hathaway were brilliant. Matthew was great too. Some parts kind of made me question the plot. Almost like there was plot holes. But still its a top notch movie and will go down as a space classic.
9/10

Amazing movie, at the end I got really surprised. 9/10

:shock:

AWESOME movie!!

I specially loved the use of the silence where it was needed.

I thought this was a great movie, I do understand why some people have said it's long and boring but it's not an action movie. This movie requires patience, it has a great story to it with great visuals. I will be adding to my favs and playlist.

I found it a disappointment. The effects were great, but for a well-researched film, I thought some of the science wasn't as accurate as it could have been and the story was fairly forgettable.

Not to mention that some aspects of the plot did not make any sense.

As a SciFi, it was pretty good. As a human heart movie, it was off the charts superb. Matthew McConaughey was riveting and Mackenzie Foy turned in a beautiful performance. Five of five for me.

I left feeling rather unsatisfied, if I'm honest. In a story dealing mostly with the bleakness of a post-apocalyptic world and our struggle to survive there, the convenience of the way it was all resolved sat a bit uncomfortably with me. It certainly had its moments, the emotional stuff seemed pretty genuine and the sheer scope and ambition of the project was positively awe-inspiring at times, but I wouldn't put it up there with the best of Nolan's output.

It started off slow, but built up a very intense story. Just .. incredibly mindblowing! Definitely one of the best sci-fi movies i've ever seen! For sure now one of my favorites!