Bellazon

Interstellar (2014)

Lkjh

So basically this movie will have

- Christopher Nolan directing.
- Science-fiction / gravity a la Inception.
- May be starring people of Nolan's routine crew.
tumblr_mjgpcc0wn_A1qi9l1jo1_500.png

The Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan's next project looks likely to be an original science-fiction film about time travel and alternate dimensions written by the British film-maker's brother and regular collaborator Jonathan, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Following the box office success of the final film in his Batman trilogy, it would appear Nolan has been given carte blanche by studio Warner Bros to decide where to journey next. The director has already proved he has the nous to make highly profitable films from original material in the form of his 2010 brainteaser Inception, a high-concept sci-fi movie about a heist taking place inside the mind of a billionaire businessman that pulled in more than $800m worldwide. The new film, titled Interstellar, is said to be based on scientific theories developed by Kip Thorne, a theoretical physicist, gravitational physicist and astrophysicist at Caltech, the California Institute of Technology. Described as complex and multilayered, it will centre on a group of space explorers who travel through a wormhole.
Interstellar was previously set to be directed by Steven Spielberg, according to the Hollywood Reporter's exclusive, and it is unclear whether the latter will remain involved in a producing role. The film, unlike Nolan's previous work, will be financed by studio Paramount, where it began life, as well as Warner Bros.
In other sci-fi news, Spielberg has apparently shelved his own project Robopocalypse, based on the novel by Daniel H Wilson about a war between humans and robots intent on destroying them. Studio Disney announced the news yesterday in a statement, with sources telling Reuters the director was dissatisfied with a draft screenplay by Cabin in the Woods director Drew Goddard and production-budget estimates of at least $160m. The film had Anne Hathaway and Chris Hemsworth attached.

More: http://www.hollywood...rstellar-410616

Excited! :chicken:

• 3 weeks later...

Is Christopher Nolan Giving ‘Interstellar’ Lead To Matthew McConaughey?

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s an intriguing casting possibility to chew on going into the holiday weekend. I’m told Christopher Nolan has offered the male lead of his next film, Interstellar, to Matthew McConaughey. The character’s name is Cooper and while there is no deal yet, who says no to Nolan? The project is a co-production between Paramount and Warner Bros. Interstellar was originally set up in 2006 by Steven Spielberg, when Paramount owned DreamWorks, and after Spielberg became intrigued by Caltech physicist and relativity expert Kip S. Thorne and his scientific theory that wormholes exist and can be used for time travel. It was Spielberg who set Jonah Nolan to write the script, which made it easy for Christopher Nolan to come aboard after Spielberg left the project. After all, the Nolan siblings have a collaborative track record, with Jonah hatching the short story that became Christopher’s first hit Memento, and following that with two Batfilms and The Prestige. Christopher Nolan signed on in January to write a script that merged an original idea of his with the script that Jonah wrote. The ambition is a film that will depict a heroic interstellar voyage to the farthest borders of our scientific understanding. Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are producing with Lynda Obst. Jordan Goldberg is joining as exec producer alongside Thorne, who’ll remain on as technical consultant.

Getting details on a Nolan project is more difficult than getting the line on the Pope selection process, so there’s no comment here. If McConaughey indeed signs on, what an intriguing turn for his career. After starting off in Dazed And Confused and A Time To Kill, this good old boy wanted to do dramas and action but seemed mainly to be successful as half of a love pairing in a romantic comedy. Much has changed with recent diverse films like Lincoln Lawyer, Bernie, Killer Joe and especially Magic Mike, the latter of which won him an Independent Spirit Award and has Hollywood seeing him in a different light. He has followed with The Wolf Of Wall Street and Dallas Buyer’s Club, but starring in Nolan’s big sci-fi film would be seismic. I just hope that it makes it possible for McConaughey to finally make The Grackle, one of the funnier scripts I’ve read. McConaughey is repped by CAA.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2013 at 3:12 PM, wijnboerinnetje said:
Not particularly fond of the two of them, but if Nolan is involved it will be awesome for sure :hehe:

McConaughey can certainly act a bit given the chance. For the most part, Hathaway is neither here nor there for me, but she impressed in 'The Dark Knight Rises'. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't see Nolan as being quite the visionary artist that some folks do but equally, I've never not liked one of his movies. I think if you compare the Dark Knight trilogy to the average comic book fare (pre-Whedon, especially), then go on to compare Inception, Memento, The Following and The Prestige to other films in their respective genres, they're all standouts. To find another big studio filmmaker who marries quality with mass appeal as consistently as Nolan, you'd probably have to look towards the realm of animation. Pixar or Miyazaki, perhaps.

He's a decent story-teller, even though I did not really care for the screenplay of either of his Batman sequels.

The only two movies of his that I truly like are The Prestige and Inception. Memento is decent as well, though as with the two other movies I have listed, its quality lays almost entirely within the structure of its narrative.

Memento = backwards

Inception = nesting dolls

The Prestige = the three parts of the magic trick that Caine's character explains in the feature itself

Burton possesses far more visual flair.

Having said that, he is not a total hack like Snyder.

I too think storytelling is Nolan's strong suit. He brings far more quality to the mainstream than it’s usually afforded, more often than not through the strength of his plots. There probably will come a point where his name gets him more recognition than his work does, but at the moment, it's not so much a case of him being overly hyped, he just so happens to be one of the few populist directors that people can regularly expect something decent from.