Bellazon

Chris Zylka
Thumbnail

MauiKane

CHRIS ZYLKA

post-20251-0-1446165320-97309_thumb.jpg

Chris Zylka is an American actor.

Zylka was born Chris Settlemire in Warren, Ohio. He took his mother's maiden name as a stage name. Zylka began his career with a guest appearance on 90210 in 2008. He was soon cast in a recurring role in Everybody Hates Chris before also having guest appearances on the shows Hannah Montana, Cougar Town and Zeke and Luther. Zylka then landed a 16-episode recurring role as Joey Donner in 10 Things I Hate About You. Zylka began to move into films around this time, appearing in The People I've Slept With before starring in the Made-for-TV horror My Super Psycho Sweet 16. Zylka would later reprise this role in the sequel, My Super Psycho Sweet 16: Part 2. Zylka also appeared in Kaboom in 2010.

Zylka starred in two animal attack-themed films, Shark Night 3D (2011) and Piranha 3DD (2012). Zylka portrayed Flash Thompson in The Amazing Spider-Man. He played the role of Jake in the television drama The Secret Circle. In 2012, Zylka joined the FX series American Horror Story, but was later let go after reportedly refusing to shave his head for the role.

Buddy TV ranked him #90 on its list of "TV's Sexiest Men of 2011". He formerly dated actress Lucy Hale.

• 2 months later...

post-20251-0-1446165325-16102_thumb.jpg

'Secret Circle' Alum Chris Zylka Joins NBC's 'Bloodline' (Exclusive)

By Lesley Goldberg

2/28/13

He'll play a love interest at the center of the pulp thriller from executive producer Peter Berg.

Chris Zylka is heading into battle for NBC.

The Secret Circle alum has joined the cast of the network's pulp thriller Bloodline, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.

The drama revolves around an orphaned young girl named Bird Benson (The Nine Lives of Chloe King's Skyler Samuels), who because of an accident of birth is caught in the struggle between two warring families of mercenaries and killers. Mentored by a Chinese man, Bird has to accept the quest to find and defeat her mother in mortal combat if she is ever to lead a normal life.

Zylka will play Troy, who was taken from his parents at a young age and forced to live in the agoge, the modern resurrection of an ancient Spartan military meant to prepare boys for the life of battle by teaching them pain tolerance. Unlike other Spartan men his age, Troy has feelings, and he wants to get close to Bird.

Awake's David Graziano will pen the script and executive produce alongside Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey. Berg will direct the pilot for the Universal Television drama. Breaking Bad's Jonathan Banksand Private Practice's KaDee Strickland and Tom Everett Scott are set to star.

Repped by WME, Schiff Co. and Hirsch Wallerstein, Zylka's credits include 10 Things I Hate About You, episodes of Cougar Town and 90210, and The Amazing Spider-Man.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...