Bellazon

Athiests vs. Agnostics vs. Theist

AnaBBarrosFan

It's not just the 'creationist' or economic/political theories but also the grasp of human nervous system and psychology in religions are sorely wanting.

Still, I think that religions can be a force of good in the right epochs, and I believe that Christianity has been net positive in the US until 1945 but net negative in Europe, just like Marxism.

It's not just the 'creationist' or economic/political theories but also the grasp of human nervous system and psychology in religions are sorely wanting.

Still, I think that religions can be a force of good in the right epochs, and I believe that Christianity has been net positive in the US until 1945 but net negative in Europe, just like Marxism.

Salem Witch Trials say hi.

The sociologist Max Weber produced an influential series of studies 100 years ago called 'The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism' where he detailed how protestant ideology played a role in wealth creation in Western civilization. Whether or not this line of thinking had its merits, it's still considered even today.

Christianity enhances patriotism, civic duty, and brings people in line to labor hard, pay taxes and follow the rule of law, which is very important for any functioning society. This is not at all typical through the ages and elsewhere in the world.

And on the battlefield, Christianity encourages the queen of all arms- the infantry to fight and die for political objectives. It is not a coincidence that the US Military is very Christian institution.

I am not entirely negative about this social phenomenon like 'Richard dawkins'. ;) It had some strategic value though, in my view, most of it has wilted.

Salem Witch Trials say hi.

The sociologist Max Weber produced an influential series of studies 100 years ago called 'The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism' where he detailed how protestant ideology played a role in wealth creation in Western civilization. Whether or not this line of thinking had its merits, it's still considered even today.

Christianity enhances patriotism, civic duty, and brings people in line to labor hard, pay taxes and follow the rule of law, which is very important for any functioning society. This is not at all typical through the ages and elsewhere in the world.

And on the battlefield, Christianity encourages the queen of all arms- the infantry to fight and die for political objectives. It is not a coincidence that the US Military is very Christian institution.

I am not entirely negative about this social phenomenon like 'Richard dawkins'. ;) It had some strategic value though, in my view, most of it has wilted.

awcirt.jpg