Bellazon

V for Vendetta

Jimmy Changa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

saw it & loved it.

makes me believe now even more.. how little americans lack knowledge about their gov't and how their running things

It's interestng to see their fascist gov't and our supposed democracy. The movie was a direct attack on george bush b/c the things are so coincidental. Yes at the end of the day it's a movie, but you can't help realize how it's represented to the American public. If the setting took place in the U.S., you couldn't be any more blunt about things.

All in all I further hate Natalie Portman, believe in questioning the authority and say you should buy the DVD.

UGH!!! Nadia, once again...you like many others fail to realize this story was written by BRITS in the 1980s!!! It was an attack on the British government primarily. In the story, the US was a fallen nation as a result of WW3, since it was set in the future. Just because we have a problem with our government and we see this or that parallel doesn't mean the movie was intended that way. If we want to generalize, it was simply an exploration of the corruption of power, the laziness of the masses, and the lengths some will go to fight against the "evil".

*hops down off soap box*

saw it & loved it.

makes me believe now even more.. how little americans lack knowledge about their gov't and how their running things

It's interestng to see their fascist gov't and our supposed democracy. The movie was a direct attack on george bush b/c the things are so coincidental. Yes at the end of the day it's a movie, but you can't help realize how it's represented to the American public. If the setting took place in the U.S., you couldn't be any more blunt about things.

All in all I further hate Natalie Portman, believe in questioning the authority and say you should buy the DVD.

Dude no, it's totally not even about america... Why is it everyone thinks EVERYthing is an attack on Bush? Even if it WAS, he's so stupid he deserves to be made fun of. "Now watch this drive"

lol well not every thing is an attack on bush..its just very coincidental and when you have the leading lady of the movie saying how ironic it is to america's soceity and everything happening now..it does raise questions..so thats why i said it was an attack on bush.

and jimmy please remove that stick up your arse :p ...and i took it as it came..yes it might of been about england in the 80's..the movie is playing now..and at a time of U.S. being at one of it's worst situation..general public INCLUDING me find it being an offensive attack on our gov't

This movie, coming out at ANY time would have us drawing parallels to our situation simply because we are dissatisfied with our political state. Sure many of us hate Bush, hate the war, hate this, that or the other...blah blah blah...our shit is pretty screwed up and it's NOT one man's fault, nor one party's fault. It's the culmination of many years of compromise and leaders doing crap like adding their pet projects (and the funding requirements) on to the stack while not cutting back where required. Anyway, it is my view that the US is eventually headed toward a revolution or probably (something I fear will be the case) decline due to internal economic crumbling. One thing that will save us from ever being overtaken on our own soil is our right to bear arms (but that is another topic :laugh: ). Let's celebrate this movie (whilst I remove my rectal rod) for allowing us to experience vicariously expresion of our frustration and the lashing out against our goverment's evils, elitism and arrogance.

• 8 years later...