Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

we're creatures of habit. seeing leo doing the same old things is normal to me, it's nothing strange.

and how come no one suggested that perhaps his girlfriends also enjoy doing the same things he likes? maybe, JUST MAYBE, that could be why they're dating? gasp, surprise! haha but seriously, i think you guys are way overthinking everything.

Oh, man, you hit it on the head. We are all creatures of habit and if someone else's habits or likes differs from yours, to mock them is not funny or cool, it's kind of immature,IMO, and I mean that in a general sense, not just about Leo. It bothers me because I see it so much around me, where people say things about other people, thinking there is no harm - it's all "just fun".

I have to be SO careful how I word things around here, because as soon as I say something like this, someone takes the notion that Leo is off limits to criticism or making fun of. That's not my point. The thing is, he is looked at especially by his hardcore fans, with so much scrutiny and maybe that seems right because he is a CELEBRITY but mainly, isn't he an actor who we enjoy the work of, and what diff does it really make if he rides bikes with his g/fs or has his fam/friends around or fill in blank. To me, to look into his life so closely and nitpick everything he does, is making a big deal of nothing and like neontiger said, overthinking everything.

btw, what's so wrong also if he has an influence on his g/fs? I don't think Gisele was all that much into the environment before she met Leo and now she is one of the most recognized spokespersons for environmental causes. She has other causes I am sure unrelated to Leo but I think it's cool he turned her on to that one. I'm pretty sure there were many things that his g/fs brought into his life too.

agreed completely. couples influence each other. girlfriends do what the boyfriends want to do and the boyfriends do what the girlfriends want to do, whether they want to or not. it's just common courtesy and it's part of being in a relationship, tbh.

leo is always under such constant, stringent scrutiny. it's not fair at all, but i'm fairly certain that leo isn't at all bothered. he's wealthy, successful, is involved with great causes, has a great family, and a beautiful girlfriend, i don't think he pays too much to what people say about him on the internet.

i personally don't see any problems making fun of celebs (or leo in particular in this situation) if the comments are in jest, but the second they begin being made with malicious intent, it's not fun anymore. i make fun of leo all kinds, but at the end of the day, it's just for a little laugh, i don't mean any of it, and i don't go around starting salacious rumours about him. it's nice to joke about his """flaws""" (no oscar, funny walk) sometimes, it just makes him seem more human and relatable.

that being said though, i never forget that we see leo through the scope of a paparazzi's camera and through the lens of journalists and publicists. that's a very different leo from the one erin sees, or the one his mother sees, or the one martin scorsese sees. we have to remember that, we don't know leo at all.

Ox

i would think that Wolf is expected sometime out in 2013...probably around christmas for the award's seasons if the studio wants to push for it.

Margot is a great pick in terms of just looks alone, I've never seen her acting but I have no doubt Scorsese casted her wisely, I'm sure she won't disappoint. I have to say though, she was born in 1990? She does not look that young to me.

Please, by_princess, don't say people are attacking you or others or telling you you can't speak your mind. You expresssed yours so myself and others have also. Let's not do this, I .m being attacked, Leo can't be critisized mantra because that is not at all what is being said. Respecting the opinion of others includes respecting the right of people to respond to your comments without being accused of attacking you or being accused of telling you you can't say what you want about Leo or anything else. That is not fair. Please don't twist words or intentions of others because you truly are wrong if you think anything I wrote before was an attack on you or telling you you cannot express. If I UNINTENTIONALLY made you think that, I apoligize.

Katchitup - yes, the Leo drooling or Leo worship bothers me also :hehe: - I guess we can't take anything said or written to heart because in the end, it is all OPINIONS.

:rofl: this argument, or debate rather is silly. We will never know whether it's leo, that crazy and demanding son of a gun who forces all of his girlfriends to go biking with him, :rofl: or if they genuinely want to.

In all seriousness, how can we make comments about that in more than a joking fashion one way or another? No one on here personally knows Leo, it's all perception, assumptions, and opinion. Who knows, maybe he likes his GFs doing what he likes and also entertains what they like, maybe he baked cookies with blake indoors :rofl:...or maybe he just suggests going bike riding and doing the same things with his girlfriends, and they don't object? :shock: shocking.

I think the point here is ... Why freak out by something that you maybe consider it is not true???? ;)

It's incredible that is okay for some to say anything and some others simply have to keep their mouth shut because they don't want to be attacked. Is like if you don't join the drooling over ALL that Leo does you are not a true fan. post-60900-0-1446080919-07083_thumb.gif

Imo when we learn to accept the opinion of others...we could have a much pleasant thread. :yes:

make%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gif

I don't really like the rumored girl for nadine. I've watched pan am and she's not a very good actress. and yeah I was surprised to learn that she's that young! she looks like she's in her late 20s

i personally don't see any problems making fun of celebs (or leo in particular in this situation) if the comments are in jest, but the second they begin being made with malicious intent, it's not fun anymore. i make fun of leo all kinds, but at the end of the day, it's just for a little laugh, i don't mean any of it, and i don't go around starting salacious rumours about him. it's nice to joke about his """flaws""" (no oscar, funny walk) sometimes, it just makes him seem more human and relatable.

I agree.

about the arguing:

sometimes I gotta feeling some of the users think Leo is like an angel and he doens't make mistakes,that's what I don't like,most of us say that we can have our opinions and can write it there but in fact many don't like when other criticize him,many don't like what haters say,I've always been saying and will say again that I'd love to have some haters here,cuz we need to hear different opinions and we need to hear why they don't like him,everyone has haters and loves,it's natural.

and to be honest I've never liked all these talks about his private life and so on and so on! cuz we don't know him despite of all these infos we read! would love to have more talk and discussions about his movies,his roles,future projects and so on .... :/

I am so SO happy Jon Bernthal is joining Wolf. I love him on the walking dead (well I did, he died :p ) huh shine :D

And girls, I'm gonna be away for a few days. So cio! See ya soon :wave:

and also while I'm gone...lets just all be happy :)

I am so SO happy Jon Bernthal is joining Wolf. I love him on the walking dead (well I did, he died :p ) huh shine :D

I was just about to comment on how I'm freakin' excited as hell for Jon to be in it because of his performance on TWD. :') Still pressed he got killed off it!

Oh my god, Jon & Leo. I AM SO READY FOR THIS! :D