Bellazon

Sugar Free and Gluten Free

Cult Icon

Gluten free is hard at first, buit I think you get used to it after a while. It's a lot more expensive though. A lot of grocery stores are carrying gluten free products, places like Whole Foods have a great selection.

Yea, it's really difficult. I love 1. Dairy 2. Gluten 3. Sugar. Literally, they were my staples, especially gluten.

I quit dairy for the most part (over 2 years ago) but quitting sugar has been frustrating. Diet coke is simply inadequate, lol. I replace gluten with brown rice, but it's pretty bland. Not a fan of beans myself, either :-p As far as Gluten-free products, I've seen them and are around a lot them. Unfortunately they often have sugar in them..

These three elements, when absorbed to a significant degree, tend to irritate my pores a little.

I've been off sugar for 2 weeks (before, I probably took in about 30-40 grams a day- equivalent to a soda or cookie) and I still have sugar withdrawal.

• 3 weeks later...

What kind of symptoms do you get?

Dairy tends to cause me the most distress (out of the three). Milk, for instance, is a disaster for me! :-p

I've been eating more fruit recently: lots of grapes, cherries, apples, and so forth.

I have noticed another change: Ever since quitting sugar and gluten, I've been losing weight (currently 5'10'', 138 pounds) but I don't really need to lose weight! I seem to be losing mostly fat, and my ribs & abs are showing more and more.

i drink organic milk and eat tons of fruits, i hate meat but i eat it because i know i need protien. protien is mostly in meat but its also in peanut butter, but peanut butter is too thick for me so i eat tons of cheese for strong muscles and tons of salads, but i am petite so i get full really really fast. in fact alot of people think i eat too little but if you are petite you absolutely can not force yourself to eat so much or else you will have the worse stomach pain ever! i'm also eating cherries, its so so yummy.

• 2 weeks later...

So you have a sensitive stomach as well? I never knew that gluten was the cause of my problem until now. The thought of quitting everything that's made of wheat seemed improbable to me. But getting off of it hasn't been much of a problem so far.

• 3 years later...