Bellazon

Animals and General Wildlife

Joe > Average

Post animals and general wildlife here :) . Post pics, videos, facts and general things. Also, please be aware that pictures or videos that depict or promote cruelty to animals are against the rules of Bellazon and give disclaimers with links for pictures outside of that realm that may be for the weaker of stomach and such.

I may not be a vegetarian (though I am four days a week) or a member of PETA, but I do love animals, so here we go :D .

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and can be safely stated that whoever is cruel to animals can not be a good man." (Arthur Schopenhauer)

I like all animals.

But my favorite wild animals are the owl and the wolf :blush:

post-35827-1332434603_thumb.jpg

post-35827-1332434640_thumb.jpg

post-35827-1332434690_thumb.jpg

post-35827-1332434817_thumb.jpg

post-35827-1332434913_thumb.jpg

post-35827-1332434956_thumb.jpg

post-35827-1332435044_thumb.jpg

post-35827-1332435121_thumb.jpg

what is a discussion of animals,withouth cats? :laugh:

True indeed :laugh: . Its amazing how much bigger and more diverse they are than wild dogs are since they have both the biggest (lions and tiggers), the fastest (cheetas) as well as tree climbers and mountain climbers on top of that.

Good stuff COP :yes: and I always wanted one of those too :ninja: .

Joe:

Same to me. Is the food chain. When I see the wildlife documentaries I'm always praying they do not catch their prey. but one has to die for others to live. is unfair but it is. :/

Yeah :ninja: on another note though, one of the things I love about wolves is the fact that the fathers actually take care of the kids :ninja: whereas that seems not to be the case with most animals.

In New York they found a 'new' species of frog :) .

post-17304-0-1446129875-03949_thumb.jpg

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/03/...og-species-nyc/

Speaking of species, a 10 feet, 900lb liger (tiger lion hybrid) :ninja: .

Of course, despite their genetic gifts they don't know how to hunt since they weren't raised in the wild. Its amazing that at least a part of that isn't instinctive though when you have all those tools to work with.

Types of Dogs

Terriers - energetic and love to hunt

Hound Dogs - great eyesight, sense of smell and stamina

Herding Dogs - one of the best for children, great at herding and very intelligent

Working Dogs - great at pulling, climbing and guarding

Sporting Dogs - very energetic, not sure what they have in common other than that

Other - there's small breeds and various mix breeds as dogs of course will sleep with any other dog so both purposeful and natural breeding are common :) .

Random Fact: Hyhenas are commonly and incorrectly labeled as part of the dog family when they're not only closer to the cat family but are really their own group.

here 6 documentaries i watched and recorded this week on youtube. they are about scandinavian wildlife and really nice and interesting. unfortunately they are in french but even like this they are rally nice.

Iceland

Sweden

Denmark

Groenland

Norway

Finlande

Thanks for the videos :D ! Those might be too long for my home computer, but I'll have to find a way to download those. I've always loved the komodo dragon too although of course its one of the animals I'm most afraid of for that very reason because it seems unfair that they get venum (and or bacteria that serves the same purpose) too :ermm: . The fact that pythons and anacondas don't have venom was always part of my half full glass on evaluating them :laugh: .

• 9 months later...

So nice topic,if only I discovered it before.

When I watch TV,I always like to see wildlife documentary channels.

And when I see animals,the only that captures my eyes and takes my breath is a male lion,I usually have strong feelings when I see it,though facts say that a female lion does about %90 of the hunting ,but she doesn't attract me as a male does,lions really presents power and strength,even when I see them in cages inside the zoo,standing metres away,as guards won't even let me get even closer,I usually spend most of my time there watching the lion.

post-38290-0-69937200-1359190966_thumb.jpost-38290-0-82804000-1359191024_thumb.jpost-38290-0-48148900-1359191202_thumb.j

The fact that they feed on meat isn't that beautiful,but its their instinct,they didn't choose to do it.

post-38290-0-35295100-1359191198_thumb.jpost-38290-0-85062500-1359191347_thumb.j

This is the only soft,emotional side we can see from a lion,lions can only be emotional and have hearts when it comes to their babies,

post-38290-0-65103500-1359190896_thumb.jpost-38290-0-84697100-1359191041_thumb.j

If I have time,I'll post some inteseting facts about lions.I can only remember for now,that lions no longer live in Africa as they used to[i always knew that they lived in most parts there], now they're confined to the sub-Saharan region.

Great topic Joe :hug:

Types of Dogs

Terriers - energetic and love to hunt

Hound Dogs - great eyesight, sense of smell and stamina

Herding Dogs - one of the best for children, great at herding and very intelligent

Working Dogs - great at pulling, climbing and guarding

Sporting Dogs - very energetic, not sure what they have in common other than that

Other - there's small breeds and various mix breeds as dogs of course will sleep with any other dog so both purposeful and natural breeding are common :) .

Random Fact: Hyhenas are commonly and incorrectly labeled as part of the dog family when they're not only closer to the cat family but are really their own group.