Bellazon

Southland

ILUVAdrianaLima

post-21861-0-1446119484-5684_thumb.jpg

Southland (promotionally styled SouthLAnd) is an American drama series created by writer Ann Biderman and produced by Warner Bros. Television. It premiered on NBC on April 9, 2009. On May 1, 2009, NBC announced that Southland had been renewed for a second season with an initial 13-episode order to begin airing on Friday, September 25, 2009 at 9:00 pm, one hour earlier than its original time slot. On August 27, 2009, shortly before its scheduled premiere, NBC moved the opening of its second season to October 23, 2009, citing the need to promote the show more fully. On October 8, 2009, NBC announced that the series had been cancelled.

On November 2, 2009, TNT announced it has purchased the rights to Southland's original seven episodes, as well as six completed episodes from its second season. Southland began airing on TNT on January 12, 2010. On April 26, 2010, TNT announced it had picked up Southland for a ten-episode third season to begin airing on January 4, 2011. TNT's renewal of the show included a substantial budget cut and corresponding cast reduction. Southland was renewed for a ten-episode fourth season on March 22, 2011. The fourth season premiered on January 17, 2012.

Plot

According to NBC, Southland takes a "raw and authentic look" at Los Angeles and the lives of the LAPD officers who police it. The show's first season centers on the experiences and interactions of LAPD patrol officers and detectives, and is more a character-driven drama than a police procedural. Among the characters are rookie Officer Ben Sherman and his training officer, John Cooper; Detective Lydia Adams, who must balance work with responsibility for her mother; Officer Chickie Brown, who aspires to be the first woman on the elite SWAT Team; and Detective Sammy Bryant, whose home life interferes with his working life. Ultimately, it was the dark tone of the series, deemed inappropriate for 9:00 pm, that led NBC to shut down production and cancel the show after previewing the first six episodes of the second season. TNT began negotiating a move from NBC shortly after the show's cancellation, a process that took nearly a month. TNT's rebroadcast of the first season was less heavily censored, with only the more extreme profanity bleeped out

Main cast

post-21861-0-1446119484-62383_thumb.jpg

Recurring cast

post-21861-0-1446119484-71535_thumb.png

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not much of a TV watcher here but hooked on this show. Anyone else out there watching this series?

I do watch this show, and thanks for starting a thread on this. :D Even though there are a lot of cop shows out there, I started watching this one for two reasons: 1. It takes place in the the city of L.A., the city I grew up and still live in. 2. Great cast. Regina King has had a long movie career before appearing on this show. Shawn Hatosy has been in some movies as well. I remember Ben McKenzie from the O.C., so I was kinda interesting to see him act now that he can't play a teenager anymore. They are keeping it interesting by adding Lucy Liu to the show and having high-profile guest appearances on the show such as Lou Diamond Phillips.