Bellazon

Music of 2012

donbot

Sounds good though, and I share their new-found appreciation for top hats. :D

Totally :laugh:

I got to see them last year. Pretty incredible live performers, and I really love what they do with their 'branding', for lack of a better word. Made quite an impact when they marched out in full tuxedos and top hats, especially against the rather striking backdrop they had set up.

post-19363-0-1446185184-58237_thumb.jpg

Also, their stage crew were dressed as ninjas :ninja:

I've been listening to Django Django's debut album a fair bit over the past couple of days. It's only just released here, but I think it's been out a couple of months in the UK.

I like it a lot :yes:

Sounds good though, and I share their new-found appreciation for top hats. :D

Totally :laugh:

I got to see them last year. Pretty incredible live performers, and I really love what they do with their 'branding', for lack of a better word. Made quite an impact when they marched out in full tuxedos and top hats, especially against the rather striking backdrop they had set up.

Also, their stage crew were dressed as ninjas :ninja:

I've continually enjoyed bands with that kind of established aesthetic and with the exception of their Alan Partridge tie and blazer period, The Hives always did it better than most. They've been on my 'must see live' checklist for years. :hehe:

Also, very excellent literal use of the ninja emoticon. :laugh:

I've been listening to Django Django's debut album a fair bit over the past couple of days. It's only just released here, but I think it's been out a couple of months in the UK.

I like it a lot :yes:

Heard this tune a while back and liked it but kinda lost track after that. Maybe it's time I gave the album a go. :hehe:

:blink:

The Beatles' sons to form a band?

James McCartney, the son of Sir Paul McCartney, has told the BBC he's into the idea of starting a band with all of The Beatle's sons.

McCartney made the revelation during an interview on his own solo career and after a line of questioning that asked whether it's hard living in his dad's shadow.

Here's the transcript:

Q. What would you say to forming The Beatles - The Next Generation, with Sean Lennon, Dhani Harrison and Zak Starkey [Ringo Starr's son]?

I don't think it's something that Zak wants to do. Maybe Jason [another of Starr's sons and also drummer] would want to do it. I'd be up for it. Sean seemed to be into it, Dhani seemed to be into it. I'd be happy to do it.

Q. Has it been mooted?

Yeah, a little bit.

Q. Do you think it could happen?

Yeah, hopefully, naturally. I don't know, you'd have to wait and see. The will of God, nature's support, I guess. So yeah, maybe.

Not everyone is as keen on the idea though. Death Cab For Cutie front man Ben Gibbard tweeted a link to the story prefaced with just two letters - "NO."