Bellazon

Music of 2012

donbot

So have you guys heard the new Sleigh Bells yet? I'm still soaking it in, but loving it so far. Has anyone here seen them live before?

Apparently they'll be in Aus twice this year.. I really hope they do the west coast :chicken:

i heard the new Sleigh Bells, it's pretty good on first listen. I don't think it can live up to their great debut though. Artists tend to come out with their best music first. I saw them live streaming on youtube from New York last week, man do their shows look fun. I don't know how any of them hear afterwards

It sounds equally loud and brash, yet for some reason the newie feels far less immediate than their debut, which hooked me pretty much instantly. I think this one's going to be more of a grower. :yes:

And here's a good one for fans of Ladyhawke and/or Marina & The Diamonds... :D

Good call.. she sounds exactly like what a lovechild of those two would :laugh:

So there's a new Arcade Fire song knocking around, although countless copies have been deleted from YouTube, Soundcloud and whatever else :chicken:

It's called Abraham's Daughter, and is from the soundtrack for an upcoming fantasy film. You can stream it from here:

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/listen-arca...rahams-daughter

New Beach House track! :chicken: :chicken:

Stream it here --> http://beachhousebaltimore.com/

Also,

Fiona Apple has unveiled the long title of her long awaited fourth album.

It will be called "The Idler Wheel is wiser than the Driver of the Screw, and Whipping Cords will serve you more than Ropes will ever do."

The album will be Apple's first in 7 years and will be complimented by a spot at SXSW and a Spring tour through the US.

Up to her old crazy album title antics again :blink:

I've been desperately waiting for new material from her though - can't wait for this one :heart:

Video for the new Arctic Monkeys single... :ddr:

I'll have to check them out just for their name. Extremely well played seeing as how The Monkeys and Space Monkeys were both taken. Of course, this is only noteworthy in light of the Fun vs. Fun! deal :ninja: . Thanks for the intro anyway :heythere: .

New Beach House track! :chicken: :chicken:

Stream it here --> http://beachhousebaltimore.com/

The album can't come soon enough. :chicken:

Video for the new Arctic Monkeys single... :ddr:

I'll have to check them out just for their name. Extremely well played seeing as how The Monkeys and Space Monkeys were both taken. Of course, this is only noteworthy in light of the Fun vs. Fun! deal :ninja: . Thanks for the intro anyway :heythere: .

Joe, if you like that name, you should love this one. Alas, it's not from 2012, but I hope Don will let me off this once... :laugh:

Strangely enough I have heard of them :ninja: and like them :ninja: . Speaking of Fun. (that's with a period, I put an exclaimation point by mistake earlier) they ironically have the number one song on Billboard here right now and this has over 15 million views in only two months. I thought it was a song from an 80s movie but I guess not :laugh: . I'm not sure what I think about them yet, but I've always been a fan of Janelle as a side note. That chorus is really catchy though :pinch: .

A couple of great live performances from Bon Iver - a non-falsetto version of Calgary and a gorgeous cover of Anais Mitchell's Coming Down

I caught him live a couple of weeks back. One of the best gigs I've ever been to :chicken:

^The video posted above was stitched together by someone on YouTube, so I think the 'poor man's version' tag might be in reference to that. For some reason, the song was originally released on the band's official channel in seperate halves. :idk:

Sounds good though, and I share their new-found appreciation for top hats. :D